An EV??????`

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / An EV??????` #161  
Because living in a rural area on 45 acres I have a need for a diesel truck. Which I rarely use.
Most people could easily replace one of their ICE vehicles since the average daily driving distance is 50 miles.

I’m surprised at the total ignorance that non EV owners keep displaying in these posts.

If u don’t want one then don’t get one but quit spreading misinformation.
I am surprised with all the pros you have mentioned for the EV that you still need a diesel. Because we are ignorant would you mind telling us what the EV can't do that you use the diesel for.

/ An EV??????` #163  
Bike riders here get mugged and bikes stolen… millions spent on bike lanes but the public ain’t buying it if not safe.
Another reason not to live in the city.

I did live in Bangor Maine for 5 months when I was starting out... I was bored to tears and spent a lot of time walking. One night I was walking down the side of the road when a car went by and something went whizzing past my head. I went back the next day and there was a quart beer bottle lying in the ditch. On another occasion a car stopped and a guy got out wanting to fight. I'm not a fighter but am too stupid to back down. Luckily his friends dragged him back into the car.
I'm more at home in the woods with nobody within 5 miles... which is where I'll be tomorrow.

/ An EV??????` #165  
Hopefully some day Trad will ignore himself.
It will happen this summer when he is 200 miles from home and needs a gas station model EV charger , and the only one left is broken ( vandalized by a Chicago Gang on the run) ....and he is at 20 % and its 95 degrees outside temp.....and has to post on TBN for a fellow Texan to come pick him up. His EV narrative blown he will have to put himself on ignore ;) ;)

/ An EV??????` #166  
Well, the EV house of cards seems to be crumbling as it is. Remove the subsidies and it would really speed up the process.

And they should soon. EVs have been subsidized for a long time. If they were so fantastic, they should easily be able to compare favorably with ICE

/ An EV??????`
IMHO get gov help purchasing an ev everyone
purchasing a vehicle should be getting the same!!!
But what I am hearing in congress ev's are not the
answer!
I suppose trad will say these listed below are false??
HERE ARE SOME FACTS: disadvantages include finding charging stations, charging times, higher initial costs, limited driving range, and battery packs can be expensive to replace. Battery issues, climate control, and in-car electronics are among the biggest problems in electric vehicles.

EV owners suffer from 79 percent more reliability issues than gasoline or diesel vehicles. Plug-in hybrids are even worse, with 146 percent more reliability issues, although straight hybrids are more reliable than conventional vehicles. Recurrent, a firm that studies battery health, surveyed 15,000 EV drivers in March and found that 1.5% needed battery replacements, which range between $5,000 and $20,000. TO REPLACE THE BATTERY IN MY CAR
COSTS LESS THAN $200. Gas cars are cheaper compared to fuel than electric cars. Electricity is usually more expensive than gasoline, which means that it will cost you more per mile, so gas-powered cars offer better value for money in the long run.

willy

/ An EV??????` #168  
I'm more at home in the woods with nobody within 5 miles... which is where I'll be tomorrow.

I'm the same way. Which is why I live where I do. Many of the trips I take into the Nevada outback I can travel 200 miles and not see another person or even another vehicle. God's country.
P1006723ertbn4-7-24.jpg

/ An EV??????` #169  
I'm the same way. Which is why I live where I do. Many of the trips I take into the Nevada outback I can travel 200 miles and not see another person or even another vehicle. God's country.
View attachment 861171
Curious… are the roads privately maintained?

/ An EV??????` #170  
IMHO get gov help purchasing an ev everyone
purchasing a vehicle should be getting the same!!!
But what I am hearing in congress ev's are not the
answer!
I suppose trad will say these listed below are false??
HERE ARE SOME FACTS: disadvantages include finding charging stations, charging times, higher initial costs, limited driving range, and battery packs can be expensive to replace. Battery issues, climate control, and in-car electronics are among the biggest problems in electric vehicles.

EV owners suffer from 79 percent more reliability issues than gasoline or diesel vehicles. Plug-in hybrids are even worse, with 146 percent more reliability issues, although straight hybrids are more reliable than conventional vehicles. Recurrent, a firm that studies battery health, surveyed 15,000 EV drivers in March and found that 1.5% needed battery replacements, which range between $5,000 and $20,000. TO REPLACE THE BATTERY IN MY CAR
COSTS LESS THAN $200. Gas cars are cheaper compared to fuel than electric cars. Electricity is usually more expensive than gasoline, which means that it will cost you more per mile, so gas-powered cars offer better value for money in the long run.

willy

gee, I must be doing something wrong...
spent $322 on electricity and travelled 7225 miles which looks to be over 78 MPG @ $3.50 a gallon gas. today locally regular is at least $3.85 a gallon.

I do get Too many Kubota's point and agree with him, truly rural with the distances that need to be covered a pure EV in his case makes no sense to me either.

Maybe some day when batteries are lighter and trucks have 250KWH batteries it may work really well.

Today the leader in an EV truck for what TM Kubota's is needing, the Chevy EV Silverado truck might work unless it has to tow, with it's ~440 mile unladen range.

I would be Leary because of all the software problems GM's ev's have had and the battery has very little history to take a near 100K gamble on depreciation.
I think the RAM charger Hybrid EV looks interesting and like Hay Dude would like to see what RAM can come up with in an HD hybrid maybe even a diesel hybrid.

For now and likely the future we will keep our 20+ year old Cummins powered HD RAM's to tow and haul.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.