Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #41  
Where are you buying #315 for $20 a gallon?

All the prices I see on it, are close to $40 a gallon. Which is nearly as much as Amsoil ATH.

In these parts, Amsoil synthetic tractor fluid is $30/gallon.

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #42  
I have no doubt that Amsoil or Schaffers are good oils, but when I need a new suit I don't buy a "one size fits all", I have a taylor make one that fits exactly. i.e. Kubota oil in a Kubota.

That makes sense, but the using one fluid in your entire fleet has advantages too. Maintenance is easier, obviously, but if a feller has several tractors that use the same implements which use hydraulics (like a log splitter, or anything with a remote cylinder), the fluid is gonna get mixed anyway. What's the point in putting different fluid on different machines only to cross contaminate them?

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #43  
That makes sense, but the using one fluid in your entire fleet has advantages too. Maintenance is easier, obviously, but if a feller has several tractors that use the same implements which use hydraulics (like a log splitter, or anything with a remote cylinder), the fluid is gonna get mixed anyway. What's the point in putting different fluid on different machines only to cross contaminate them?

My "fleet" consists of one tractor :D

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #44  
I wonder how many people using all these real scientifical words to describe oil have the scientifical qualifications to use them? Hahaha

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #45  
I have no doubt that Amsoil or Schaffers are good oils, but when I need a new suit I don't buy a "one size fits all", I have a taylor make one that fits exactly. i.e. Kubota oil in a Kubota.

All of your manufacturers UTFs are just that-"One size fits all". That's why the OEMs got together and came up with UTF. Not enough difference in Kubota, JD, NH, MF, Case UDT oils to worry about. They all are designed to do the same thing in any unit calling for UTF. Nothing unique about any of them.

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #46  
All of your manufacturers UTFs are just that-"One size fits all". That's why the OEMs got together and came up with UTF. Not enough difference in Kubota, JD, NH, MF, Case UDT oils to worry about. They all are designed to do the same thing in any unit calling for UTF. Nothing unique about any of them.

True. But not all are synthetics and the cold flow characteristic that come with it. Kubota SUDT2 is synthetic and I think, because of that, my B7800 doesn't whine with it and hydro syc shuttles in thebigger tractors work quicker, easier and better with SUDT2. I tried the other stuff and the synthetic is better. As more synthetics are introduced, these cold issues will go away.

Amsoil is a synthetic as well, I'm pretty sure, but I don't know about it.

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #47  
ray66v The last time I purchased SCHAEFFER'S #315 was in APRIL 2015 so it has been a while, at that time I bought 20 gallons out the door at the PLANT in ST.LOUIS from my sales REP.for $400.00 cash. Granted it has been a while, I live within a 30 minute drive from the PLANT. and at that price I couldn't go wrong at the time. Sometimes it depends on your sales rep. taxes , and shipping costs etc. Like I said that was in 2015 PRICES in the OIL INDUSTRY as we all know change constantly.

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #48  
Good morning to all out there! The test that I did with Amsoil vs regular Case IH brand oil was put them both outside on a -30 degree night in the winter season. (that is in degrees celsius for the Canadians out there!) Anyhow , the Amsoil poured ou the next morning like regular oil , and the CIH oil was like glue! SLOW glue!

That was my test, but if you have an oil pan heater , it is a moot point to some , and not to others. BTW I used a infra-red temperature guage on my Case 2090 tractor (oil pan heater equiped) after about 5 hours of being plugged in at winter time, -20+ below zero and the oil temp was 70 degrees F.

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #49  
Good morning to all out there! The test that I did with Amsoil vs regular Case IH brand oil was put them both outside on a -30 degree night in the winter season. (that is in degrees celsius for the Canadians out there!) Anyhow , the Amsoil poured ou the next morning like regular oil , and the CIH oil was like glue! SLOW glue!

That was my test, but if you have an oil pan heater , it is a moot point to some , and not to others. BTW I used a infra-red temperature guage on my Case 2090 tractor (oil pan heater equiped) after about 5 hours of being plugged in at winter time, -20+ below zero and the oil temp was 70 degrees F.
Where you are cold flow properties may matter. Lower 48 not at all. Even the "poorer" performing group II oils flow well below 0*F which is beyond what we see here.

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #50  
Where you are cold flow properties may matter. Lower 48 not at all. Even the "poorer" performing group II oils flow well below 0*F which is beyond what we see here.

It's been -25F already this winter in Wisconsin. We are a part of the lower 48, and I sure like the way that synthetic fluid performs in my tractors versus dino oil.