Amazon Fire Tablet screen darkens for no reason

/ Amazon Fire Tablet screen darkens for no reason #1  

stuckmotor

Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
My Fire tablet IS NOT set for adaptive brightness but occasionally dims for no reason I know of. It just happened again. Fortunately the screen was bright enough that I could still see the settings icon and correct the problem. Does anyone know how to keep this from recurring short of switching brands?

/ Amazon Fire Tablet screen darkens for no reason #3  
May be the same problem but mine will blacken if I grab it by the top left corner. I have to use the power button to brighten it back up, I'm assuming I'm flexing the circuit board causing a connection problem. Works great other than that

/ Amazon Fire Tablet screen darkens for no reason #4  
Fortunately the screen was bright enough that I could still see the settings icon and correct the problem.
By doing what? Just touching the screen, or something else?

I have my various device set to go to low power more after X minutes which dims the screen. Once I touch the screen or a button, they brighten again.

But none of mine are on fire.

They don't even smoke.

/ Amazon Fire Tablet screen darkens for no reason
By touching the icon and going into settings.
By tapping the icon that takes me into settings to increase brightness. This fix often lasts for months then happens again.

May be the same problem but mine will blacken if I grab it by the top left corner. I have to use the power button to brighten it back up, I'm assuming I'm flexing the circuit board causing a connection problem. Works great other than that
That's food for thought. Thank you.

/ Amazon Fire Tablet screen darkens for no reason #7  
Could be this happens during OS updates from Amazon?

/ Amazon Fire Tablet screen darkens for no reason #8  
Oh wow! And I was just looking at a Fire Tablet because they were on sale. I guess I'll stick with my old Samsung Tab E. I was looking for something faster when Amazon shoved the Fire Tablets in my face. The Tab E has been rock solid but it's so darn slow. Perhaps the newer Samsung tablets are faster and more up to date. :cautious:

Oh wow! And I was just looking at a Fire Tablet because they were on sale. I guess I'll stick with my old Samsung Tab E. I was looking for something faster when Amazon shoved the Fire Tablets in my face. The Tab E has been rock solid but it's so darn slow. Perhaps the newer Samsung tablets are faster and more up to date. :cautious:
Maybe I should try an updated Tab E.