Aluminum equipment trailers.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers.
You don’t like it because it’s aluminum or because it’s not a deckover? I’m fine with equipment style, so the aluminum to steel comparison is what I’m concerned about. Have you noticed accelerated wear or other issues with the aluminum? Have the tie downs bent the stale pockets?
because its not a deckover, an aluminum deckover would be nice too. But any deckover will weigh more and put me over the limit. I really haven’t seen any wear other than the bottom of the ramp legs, which I’m going to bolt on a couple pieces of oak for wear. But i have very thick piece of rubber i rest the boom on and i put a 3/16” flat plate(aluminum) where the dozer blade sits from the beginning to mitigate any wear.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #112  
because its not a deckover, an aluminum deckover would be nice too. But any deckover will weigh more and put me over the limit. I really haven’t seen any wear other than the bottom of the ramp legs, which I’m going to bolt on a couple pieces of oak for wear. But i have very thick piece of rubber i rest the boom on and i put a 3/16” flat plate(aluminum) where the dozer blade sits from the beginning to mitigate any wear.

I haul my mini x with the bucket bottom flat on the trailer after I knocked a hole in the deck with the knuckle rolled all the way up. The larger excavators have to be hauled with the booms rolled completely up for height restrictions but it’s no problem to haul a mini x with the bucket flat down.

here’s my rubber I put my knuckle on. It’s about 3” thick.

Attachments

• IMG_6073.jpeg
    IMG_6073.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 56
   / Aluminum equipment trailers. #114  
I usually haul mine like this. Even with the stick nearly vertical it’s basically the same height as the cab and well under legal height.
IMG_5660.JPG

For me it wasn’t height, it was tongue weight. I have a tongue scale and my machine needed to be more forward, making the boom/stick angle to close to my truck for my liking.