Agri-Fab Lawn Sweeper

/ Agri-Fab Lawn Sweeper #1  

Blue Mule

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland Workmaster 40
Does anyone here have experience with the Agri-Fab tow-behind lawn sweeper sold at places like Tractor Supply? I'm looking for a way to clean up around 10,000 square feet of leaves and small sticks in the fall. Was wondering if these lawn sweepers work as advertised. And, does the grass have to be mowed short for them to work?

/ Agri-Fab Lawn Sweeper #2  
Bought one for my mother. She has 1 acre flat land and keeps grass short. But she said it has worked well

/ Agri-Fab Lawn Sweeper #3  
Anyone have experience with them picking up pine straw?

/ Agri-Fab Lawn Sweeper #4  
I grew up using similar versions ... they are ok, not great. (assume this is the rotating broom type) Need to be dumped often & not great at picking up big or compressed stuff (branches/wet leaves/matted clippings). the Vac type have more capacity, but plug up more often, & depend on the mower deck for most of the movement.

/ Agri-Fab Lawn Sweeper #5  
I have for pine needles and it works well. I start with brush high then lower a notch at a time. It works on taller grass if set high.

/ Agri-Fab Lawn Sweeper #6  
Does anyone here have experience with the Agri-Fab tow-behind lawn sweeper sold at places like Tractor Supply? I'm looking for a way to clean up around 10,000 square feet of leaves and small sticks in the fall. Was wondering if these lawn sweepers work as advertised. And, does the grass have to be mowed short for them to work?
I got one, and yep it works great...or at least good enough for my purposes. I mainly use it in the spring to pick up sticks and acorns from previous late fall/winter, after the ground dries out some but before the first mow. You do need the grass short in order for this to work effectively.

PXL_20230414_201406765.jpg

/ Agri-Fab Lawn Sweeper #8  
I have one I used pretty extensively before I got my Cyclone rake. Good for leaves, needles and various bits of yard detritus. If you have a small area of lawn to sweep, it does OK. For 10k sq ft, I might get a blower and tarp.

/ Agri-Fab Lawn Sweeper #9  
I have an old AgriFab, worked well enough. The two big things are to have the material dry out a little bit and to drive as fast as you can. I always drove WOT and high gear/hydro full forward. Mainly AYP tractors that did 5-5.5 MPH. I pulled it with a MTD transmatic that did faster and it worked even nicer.

/ Agri-Fab Lawn Sweeper #10  
This is years ago but I had several Agri-fab lawn sweepers . With my previous tractor a JD 750 with a 60" belly mower I was able to cut the grass in about 2 hrs. best time. If I had let the grass get ahead of me I would then use my Agri-fab lawn sweeper, I think it was a 42 inch. I used it after the grass was cut and went over the wind rows. The thing was I hooked it behind my 3 wheeler. It was a 1985 Honda Big Red with the 250CC engine. I would drive around in second gear and I had a landing strip off the yard to dump the clippings. It would take only about 20 minutes to clean the yard if that. One problem was if I went to fast I would throw the clipping over the catcher. I enjoyed doing that in my younger years. You could turn on a dime with the three wheeler. My last Agri-fab sweeper only lasted less than a season. They changed the materials for the pinion drive from die cast aluminum to a plastic. That ended my sweeper years. The only drawback to sweeping the yard was that it would stand up some of the grass that wasn't cut cleanly. Other than that it worked great.