AGCO ST35X

/ AGCO ST35X #1  

dnw64

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 Cab
I posted this in the Massey forum thinking that was the place to put it. But after getting almost no response I decided I'd try here.
===================================================================================

I'm finding my GC2300 a bit small for our new property. That, in combination with discovering I should have bought a tractor with a loader, is prompting me to look for a "new" tractor.

Current expected purposes:
*Blow snow (primary use)
*Mow/cut about 8 acres of field (primary use)
Till garden
Loader to move stuff
Maintain existing logging roads for recreational purposes
Possible backhoe addition

I have been looking for a tractor in the 35-40HP range and 3000# or so. I would prefer a hydrostatic transmission, primarily because of blowing snow - I have found that it makes it very easy to pick exactly the right speed and adjust as conditions change.

I have found the subject tractor that has just about everything I want:

Key things it has are:
Cab (required!)
Front snowblower, 63" (required!)
Loader (required)
Synchro shuttle tranny
7xx hours

My thought is that this tractor has roughly 15% more PTO HP per snowblower width, so while I may not be able to always "max" the usable HP, it has adequate power that I should be able to maintain a reasonable speed and still blow the snow.

Asking price is $16k

It's for sale by the same guy I bought my GC2300 from, so I know the guy is fairly reputable (not that you can make a generalization from one transaction, but I was happy with the sale).

Link to listing:
https://www.ackequip.net/inventory/...e/21514035/2004-agco-st35x?dlr=1&pcid=3600679

Any feedback on the tractor based on my needs/desires, as well as the price? Comments on anything you see in the pics on the listing?

BTW, I am assuming this tractor is just a re-badged MF? If so, what is the equivalent model? I've been looking and just can't figure it out.

/ AGCO ST35X #3  
I posted this in the Massey forum thinking that was the place to put it. But after getting almost no response I decided I'd try here.
===================================================================================

I'm finding my GC2300 a bit small for our new property. That, in combination with discovering I should have bought a tractor with a loader, is prompting me to look for a "new" tractor.

Current expected purposes:
*Blow snow (primary use)
*Mow/cut about 8 acres of field (primary use)
Till garden
Loader to move stuff
Maintain existing logging roads for recreational purposes
Possible backhoe addition

I have been looking for a tractor in the 35-40HP range and 3000# or so. I would prefer a hydrostatic transmission, primarily because of blowing snow - I have found that it makes it very easy to pick exactly the right speed and adjust as conditions change.

I have found the subject tractor that has just about everything I want:

Key things it has are:
Cab (required!)
Front snowblower, 63" (required!)
Loader (required)
Synchro shuttle tranny
7xx hours

My thought is that this tractor has roughly 15% more PTO HP per snowblower width, so while I may not be able to always "max" the usable HP, it has adequate power that I should be able to maintain a reasonable speed and still blow the snow.

Asking price is $16k

It's for sale by the same guy I bought my GC2300 from, so I know the guy is fairly reputable (not that you can make a generalization from one transaction, but I was happy with the sale).

Link to listing:
https://www.ackequip.net/inventory/...e/21514035/2004-agco-st35x?dlr=1&pcid=3600679

Any feedback on the tractor based on my needs/desires, as well as the price? Comments on anything you see in the pics on the listing?

BTW, I am assuming this tractor is just a re-badged MF? If so, what is the equivalent model? I've been looking and just can't figure it out.
Appears to be the same as a mf 1433v or similar, but with a cab. I don't see a number of hours listed on the posting. Here in South Carolina, that would be a $10,000 tractor without the cab.

/ AGCO ST35X
It does seem to be very similar to the M-F 1433. TractorData has some differences but I'm not sure how accurate that site is.

I don't see a number of hours listed on the posting. Here in South Carolina, that would be a $10,000 tractor without the cab.

786 hours.

Without the cab... and snowblower? Kind of assuming that tractor mounted snowblowers are a rarity in SC. New, an aftermarket cab and front mount snowblower are a good $12k.

/ AGCO ST35X #5  
Just tractor and loader would be around $10,000 here. 786 hours is nothing on a shuttle transmission. I'd say it is worth the asking price if it comes with all those goodies you mentioned.