After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail #21  
That is the plan, my friend that was the instructor for the safety course, is taking us to the range Sunday, I really want both my wife and myself to be comfortable with what we have. Neither one of us have plans to carry weapons outside our home.

WHAT?

So the point of going through all the hoops, was to legally keep a sidearm in the house?

Bub, you don't need training, you need to move to the United states.

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail
WHAT?

So the point of going through all the hoops, was to legally keep a sidearm in the house?

Bub, you don't need training, you need to move to the United states.

Yes, that was the reason we went through the process. Our biggest concern is home security.

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail #23  
Can't beat a good instructor and one who will work with you and not insist on his/her way being the only way. After I retired, I had to go through a CCW class due to a technicality and the instructor insisted I shoot "his" way in spite of the fact I had qualified twice yearly with our department trainers and shot the way I was trained by our department, it was a real aggravation. My wife and I both attended and I later had my wife go through a course taught by my son.

Shooting regularly is important to keep your skills current once learned.

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail #24  
Yes, that was the reason we went through the process. Our biggest concern is home security.

So you have to have a LTC to have a gun in the home? I may be confused.

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail #25  
Here in IN they are called LTCH or License To Carry a Handgun. Cost is right at $100, no class and is good for as long as you are a resident of IN. and stay out of trouble. This time last year the process was taking about 2-3 weeks but it is in the 6 moth area now. My daughter just turned 18 in June and is bummed it is taking so long.

I am in Indiana as well, I filed mine in early Jan, the sherrifs dept told me the SP would get it back to me in 3 -6 weeks
In April I went to the SP site to check on it, they were saying 6 mo. because of all the people trying to file for them.
I got it in late May, I have a lifetime permit

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail

No I have a LTC anywhere that is legal. I got the unrestricted liscense because we were advised to get it while we could. Also, we need to have the license in order to purchase ammo,arms,and transport anything to the range. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail #27  

wow! Thing must be different back east.. here we can "carry" all we want on our property, and have a concealed weapon in our automobiles all without the permit. We need a permit if we are to carry on our person, off our property and out of our automobiles. I though everyone had the right to have a gun on them in their homes..It is amazing to me that any jurisdiction would think that there would be something wrong with ordinary citizens having a firearm on them in their homes or on their property.

James K0UA

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail #28  
No I have a LTC anywhere that is legal. I got the unrestricted liscense because we were advised to get it while we could. Also, we need to have the license in order to purchase ammo,arms,and transport anything to the range. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Agreed, always a good idea.

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail #29  
wow! Thing must be different back east.. here we can "carry" all we want on our property, and have a concealed weapon in our automobiles all without the permit. We need a permit if we are to carry on our person, off our property and out of our automobiles. I though everyone had the right to have a gun on them in their homes..It is amazing to me that any jurisdiction would think that there would be something wrong with ordinary citizens having a firearm on them in their homes or on their property.

James K0UA

This is from a state that helped jump start our Freedoms.

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail #30  
This is from a state that helped jump start our Freedoms.

I know, it's crazy. It seems so strange to us, as our ways must seem to to them.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Payment is due within 5 days! (A34302)
Payment is due...
Sany 24" Bucket for Excavator SY75/SY80/SY95 and Backhoe SLB95 (A34573)
Sany 24" Bucket...
CAT 336 Excavator Bucket Teeth Lot of 17 (A34302)
CAT 336 Excavator...
2022 John Deere PR72B Power Rake (A33028)
2022 John Deere...
GHR Equipment Sprayer (A33113)
GHR Equipment...
2019 John Deere 6215R MFWD Tractor (A33783)
2019 John Deere...