After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail #11  
Nurseryman:Sounds like it's time to change sheriffs.

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail #12  
Right at 5 weeks for mine, lifetime permit.

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail
Like so many other things in Mass, I think it is ridiculous to take that long. This is one Fd up state for sure.

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail #14  
Washington State :us-washington: ... liberal as the cities are here, it's not hard (unless you you have/had some criminal issues). One trip to your local Sheriff's office or Police Station to fill out application and fingerprints. Then less than 30days (background check) and it comes in the mail. $52 for a five year license. $32 to renew.

If you are contemplating getting an LTC (concealed), you may want to get on it before this privilege gets taken away! :united-states:

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail #15  
Washington State :us-washington: ... liberal as the cities are here, it's not hard (unless you you have/had some criminal issues). One trip to your local Sheriff's office or Police Station to fill out application and fingerprints. Then less than 30days (background check) and it comes in the mail. $52 for a five year license. $32 to renew.

If you are contemplating getting an LTC (concealed), you may want to get on it before this privilege gets taken away! :united-states:

Too late here in NYS- multi-page personal history, 3 notarized personal references from people who live in your county and have known you for >5 years, and passport type photos, then the background check, and goes in front of county judge, who does not have to justify denials.....

I would have moved somewhere sane years ago except for family duty and depressed property values keeping local home sales soft and mortgages over valuated.

Oh well, shotguns and rifles it is....

Thomas

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail #16  
When I got my concealed carry in PA, fingerprints, instant background check, pose for a picture over said and done in one hour if all is clean. When I was in NY City there are no Carry concealed allowed only premises or business carry permits and those take nine months to a year to get.

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail #17  
LTC?? Is that for legal to carry? Here in NC its called conceal carry permit. In my county the sheriff has 90 days and they use every single one whether its done or not. Just can't understand that, making a law abiding citizen wait.

Maybe the Legislature will fix this problem next session.

The Legislature just passed a large firearms related bill that McCoy seems will sign into law. Part of the bill shortens the time it takes to get a pistol permit from 30 to 14 days and seems to make it difficult for a Sheriff to refuse to issue permits, at least that is my interpretation, but the bill text I am reading has a mix of the new law, the old law, and references to old law, which requires reading the current text and old text. Once the bill is signed into law it will be easier to read. Well, as easy as any law is to read and understand.

The bill will allow CCW holders to eat at restaurants that serve alcohol as long as the permit holder is not drinking. A big surprise to me is that the bill seems to allow hunting with a silencer. This has been a big deal for those with Coyote problems. The WRC changed its regulations last year to allow night hunting of coyotes. Silencer use and night hunting should help out those with Coyote issues.

Later,
Dan

Went shopping yesterday. We purchased a Ruger 9mm and a Mossberg 223. Got to practice with the 9 at our local rod and gun club last night..... I'm horrible. You would think it should be easy to hit a spot 30 feet away. Looks like I will be spending plenty on practice rounds.

/ After 7 1/2 month... LTC in the mail #19  
Went shopping yesterday. We purchased a Ruger 9mm and a Mossberg 223. Got to practice with the 9 at our local rod and gun club last night..... I'm horrible. You would think it should be easy to hit a spot 30 feet away. Looks like I will be spending plenty on practice rounds.

save yourself alot of work and heartache.....get professional training for both of you, Shooting is 1/3 of the work. Gun safety is the rest.

where to load, how to safely carry the gun,etc

save yourself alot of work and heartache.....get professional training for both of you, Shooting is 1/3 of the work. Gun safety is the rest.

where to load, how to safely carry the gun,etc

That is the plan, my friend that was the instructor for the safety course, is taking us to the range Sunday, I really want both my wife and myself to be comfortable with what we have. Neither one of us have plans to carry weapons outside our home.