Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter

/ Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter #11  
I went from a Countyline to a Woods .... No regrets.
Just advice .... avoid any cutters with an angled rear end such as the Countyline units have. They will bend and are notably "thinner" material. When you are backing up and the bottom rear bends into the blade it will wake you up.

/ Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter
You're out there mowing 12 acres with a 1954 Ford NAA?

Very cool. Upload some pics if you get time.
Thanks. It's not pretty. Someone painted it 100% Ford blue maybe 20 years before I got it. When I changed the radiator, I painted the sheet metal Ford grey and part of the engine Rusoleum red. The Rusoleum has held up. The Ford grey mildews badly. It had been neglected, but now it runs great. Yes, I had to do a number of minor repairs. After a couple ignition switches failed, I replaced the ignition switch with a 40 amp, 4 pole toggle switch from an auto parts place. That has been trouble free for several years.

We also have a maybe 25 year old Kubota B2100 with a 5' deck. We bought it used when we got tired of mowing with an International Cub (mows great downhill!).

/ Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter #13  
Check out agri supply they have a selection of mowers, My big bee has been a good mower and it has been abused.

/ Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter #15  
I would check FB marketplace for a used Landpride mower. They make a nice mower and you can buy them used for what you would spend on a countyline new and have a nicer cutter.

Keep watching it for about a month and a good deal on one will surface.

1692233795668.png

/ Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter #16  
Also look at Phoenix finish mowers. (Made by Sicma)
I've had a Sicma made mower for 20+ years and its been a very good mower.

/ Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter #17  
My 25 yo KingKutter 6' 3pt hitch finish mower is getting old. I'd like to replace it with a similar unit. I mow about 12 acres with it, mostly lawn-like, but it does get a bit tall at times.
Looking at review, it seems like the CountyLine stuff is quite light duty.

A 4-wheel deck is probably best since the hydraulics on my 1954 NAA are not as steady as I would think they need to be for a rotary cutter type. But, I could be wrong.

Any advice?
My 6' KK is 2004 and still going strong, but we only mow four acres. If your deck is fine, you'd be better off buying new blades, belt, and solid wheels and...., gearbox if you need one. No problems with mine. Original tires, rotated axles, 3rd belt, 2nd blades, 2 idler pulleys, and 3rd retention spring pulled by 1950 Ferguson.

Screenshot_20230905_071323_Blink.jpg

/ Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter #18  
Several years ago I needed to acquire a finish mower. I did all the research, and finally decided on attempting to find a used land pride. It took several months, but I found a used FDR2572. Was $800.00, but the tires were in good condition and there were no bent arms on the unit (never buy bent attachments, it means someone was not being careful, that carelessness might carry over to unit maint.). The dealer had just taken the unit in on a new tractor/mower sale, and hadn't even had time to service the mower yet. I like the Land Pride models because the high tip speed. With the exception on replacing a tire/wheel combo this summer, and replacing the old belt at time of purchase, I have spent $0.00 on repairing this mower. It is TOUGH. I maintain every 25 hours or so, and always give it a spring maintenance checkup. Keep the gearbox fluid full, and grease everything when needed, and you will be pleased. It still runs great, and I am able to stay ahead of 15 plus acres with no effort at all. I originally would have been happy with a Woods, Bush Hog or Land Pride unit, but the cost for the Land Pride really made the decision easy.

/ Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter #19  
I would check FB marketplace for a used Landpride mower. They make a nice mower and you can buy them used for what you would spend on a countyline new and have a nicer cutter.

Keep watching it for about a month and a good deal on one will surface.

View attachment 816425
I have this very unit. A bit older, but it is very durable. I wouldn't trade it for any new mower.

/ Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter #20  
My 25 yo KingKutter 6' 3pt hitch finish mower is getting old. I'd like to replace it with a similar unit. I mow about 12 acres with it, mostly lawn-like, but it does get a bit tall at times.
Looking at review, it seems like the CountyLine stuff is quite light duty.

A 4-wheel deck is probably best since the hydraulics on my 1954 NAA are not as steady as I would think they need to be for a rotary cutter type. But, I could be wrong.

Any advice?
I have an 18 yr old KK still going strong, just keep it greased is all.