Adding electrical devices to tractor

/ Adding electrical devices to tractor #51  
Thank you for the feedback. Gives me some level of reassurance!

Fires need oxygen, fuel and heat. If puling max amps on wire, additional heat sources (engine, exhaust, ect) can cause a wire to burn without blowing the fuse. when insulation is gone and wire shorts - then fuse will blow. If this removes enough heat fire may go out.

Since you are using factory wiring it shouldn't be an issue. Something to consider when adding your own electrical system.

LED's have resistors that limit current to individual led. The heatsink housing keeps led (an electronic part) cool. Waterproof housing also limits oxygen supply. Don't think one will ever burn - just have leds fail.

DOT truck regs. require lamp replacement if over 50% of led's don't work. A 9 light LED tail light is legal as long as 5 or more individual leds work.

/ Adding electrical devices to tractor
The rear electrical plug allows remote fuel tank operation

/ Adding electrical devices to tractor #53  
Y'all checked your electrical output so you
don't over load your system? Is your alternator
producing enough amps for all the lighting you
are adding? On a car/truck/tractor never use
AC circuit breakers as the DC amps can fry them

willy

/ Adding electrical devices to tractor #54  
Y'all checked your electrical output so you
don't over load your system? Is your alternator
producing enough amps for all the lighting you
are adding? On a car/truck/tractor never use
AC circuit breakers as the DC amps can fry them

willy
Good news to this wise post is that so many of the “extra lights” folks are posting about happen to be using LED’s. And there have been several - albeit not all - that I have read, the OP or at least someone post on the significantly lower amps pulled from LED’s vs. incandescent or halogens.

/ Adding electrical devices to tractor #55  
Great thread, guys. Very educational. I would guess any self installed wiring would void warranty? It may not matter, the best warranties are the ones you never need to invoke.