Add Rear 3-point control to Subcompact?

/ Add Rear 3-point control to Subcompact? #1  

BryceSteiner

Bronze Member
Tractor
RK25 T25
I just figured out how to add a rear 3-point lift control to the back of my RK25/TYM T25. I think this may work for most tractors:
if you like it, please comment and subscribe! Thanks for watching!

/ Add Rear 3-point control to Subcompact? #2  
IF you use a regular QUICK HITCH.... You don't need this..... This "extra" seems to just be another awkward point in the PAT's system....

/ Add Rear 3-point control to Subcompact? #3  
I appreciate the usefulness of your mod but, at the same time, see the safety issue of being in harms way when operating the 3PH from the rear. I realize that some farm tractors have buttons on the rear to operate the 3PH and have often wondered about the liability issues attached.
I'm not the safety police but just wanted to mention this. Nice simple mod.

/ Add Rear 3-point control to Subcompact? #4  
I also added rear 3 pt control on my tractor and I have to say, it's absolutely awesome and super handy to have.

As far as safety goes, just like everything else related with tractors or equipment, whoever is using it, just need to have their brain in the right place and use a little bit of common sense.

IMG_20201125_182635.jpg

/ Add Rear 3-point control to Subcompact? #5  
I also added rear 3 pt control on my tractor and I have to say, it's absolutely awesome and super handy to have.

As far as safety goes, just like everything else related with tractors or equipment, whoever is using it, just need to have their brain in the right place and use a little bit of common sense.

View attachment 764428
That’s on my to do list.

The bigger the tractor the more useful it is.

/ Add Rear 3-point control to Subcompact? #6  
I appreciate the usefulness of your mod but, at the same time, see the safety issue of being in harms way when operating the 3PH from the rear. I realize that some farm tractors have buttons on the rear to operate the 3PH and have often wondered about the liability issues attached.
its pretty straightforward. You dont stand between the implement and the rear tire, you stand to the side. There is no safety issue if you don't do anything stupid. If you watch the vid Bryce is standing outside of the tire so no danger.

Bryce did a great job on the control.

Last edited:
   / Add Rear 3-point control to Subcompact? #7  
its pretty straightforward. You dont stand between the implement and the rear tire, you stand to the side. There is no safety issue if you don't do anything stupid. If you watch the vid Bryce is standing outside of the tire so no danger.

Bryce did a great job on the control.
I'm trying to understand why standing relative to the tire would make any difference. I was thinking more of standing position and keeping hands away from the 3PH while using the remove position control lever would be critical.

/ Add Rear 3-point control to Subcompact? #8  
I'm trying to understand why standing relative to the tire would make any difference. I was thinking more of standing position and keeping hands away from the 3PH while using the remove position control lever would be critical.
The difference is if tractor pops into gear or left in gear or even out of gear and rolls backwards, it can not run over you if you are standing out side of the tires track....
Also my owners manual for my tractor it states clearly on almost every page to "turn key to off and remove key and put in pocket when leaving operators station to hook up implement"... Guess it help you from being run over by your own tractor....
And with a full QH you never have to leave operators station to do implement hook up so it also goes some ways to prevent being run over you your own tractor....

(note to site operator: "please bring back delete button")...

/ Add Rear 3-point control to Subcompact? #9  
And with a full QH you never have to leave operators station to do implement hook up so it also goes some ways to prevent being run over you your own tractor...
Don't you have to get off the tractor to latch the QH connections?

/ Add Rear 3-point control to Subcompact? #10  
I did the same type mod to my M5640 because there was no way I could see operating the control beside the seat from the ground. Like a lot of things on a tractor you do have to think about what you are doing.

P1160791.JPG

gg

Last edited: