A Tracked Zero Turn????

/ A Tracked Zero Turn???? #31  
My noob question would be how hard is it to re-install a track in the field, once it has slid off off the machine

/ A Tracked Zero Turn???? #32  
The 2 guys in the video said they do a lot of government work. Lol, that’s all I needed to hear. I’m retired from the federal government, I know what that means. “Screw it, it’s good enough for government work”

/ A Tracked Zero Turn???? #33  
   / A Tracked Zero Turn???? #34  
I can see it successful. There is a niche market for lower cost lawnmowers that can handle slopes well. Bet you can put this together cheaper than a Ventrac.
At a 15 grand starting price (tops out at 22 grand, it's not a cheap date by a long shot and it will tear the grass up turning, fact of life or should I say mowing.

Far as I'm concerned just an expensive gimmick.

/ A Tracked Zero Turn???? #35  
I didn't end up buying one because the price was higher than I could justify for my flat, finished lawn. But they are definitely worth a look if you have side slopes or low, wet areas that you need to mow on a regular basis.
...and have a deep, deep wallet too. I'll pass. Present day economy is tanking. Not about to buy a lawnmower that costs that much. Don't even have a diesel option, just crummy gas motors.

/ A Tracked Zero Turn???? #36  
^^^^
I don’t have a problem with $15K for a quality mower. I don’t have a problem with commercial gas engines (though I too prefer diesel). I do, however, have a problem spending that much money for a mower that doesn’t have any dealer presence in my area and, the dealers that did have them, dropped them. Nope, not for me.

Mike

/ A Tracked Zero Turn???? #37  
...and have a deep, deep wallet too. I'll pass. Present day economy is tanking. Not about to buy a lawnmower that costs that much. Don't even have a diesel option, just crummy gas motors.
I think it might be a fun winter project to convert my ZD326 to track drive...after my lottery ticket comes in big...

/ A Tracked Zero Turn???? #38  
My noob question would be how hard is it to re-install a track in the field, once it has slid off off the machine
If you detracked that machine, its track tension is waaaay to loose so they shouldn't be coming off. I have something over 3000 hours on rubber tracked machines and only de-tracked one when a idler had fallen off from a bearing failure. So in general they don't come off. Nonetheless, getting a track back on is a pain in the &!@*&.

/ A Tracked Zero Turn???? #39  
A Kubota F-3990 was $29,900 last year at my local Kubota dealer..
The tracked machine at $23,000 looks like cheap traction compared to the F-3990, but the Kubota does come with a diesel engine.

If you want hillside traction in a commercial machine at a reasonable cost, find a clean, used Kubota F. I found my Kubota F-3680 for $14,000 with 900 hours and a brand new 72” deck.
Kubota’s is great at making small commercial diesel machines.

My F has proven itself at sticking to slopes very well.

Last edited:
   / A Tracked Zero Turn???? #40  
^^^^
My Cub Cadet Pro Z 560 S KW also does an amazing job mowing and sticking to the steep hills and slopes. The quality is outstanding and it’s built like a tank.

E5D3B910-0FA6-440E-B914-6A53D25ACC9C.jpeg

At around $14K these days, it’s one of the least expensive options for safely mowing steep terrain. I just wish it had a diesel…

Mike