Loader 855 Loader Dump Regen valve

/ 855 Loader Dump Regen valve #1  

dsmau

Silver Member
Tractor
Deere 855
It has been a year now since I got my 855 and I just realized why I was fighting with the dumping function of the bucket. I realized, thanks to this forum, that some tractors including the 855 have a regenerative valve on the tip/dump hydraulic function which allows dumping material quicker when SVC lever is pushed all the way to the right. In that position, in my case, it has no down pressure so it can be frustrating to work with it not knowing what is going on.

My problem is that I cannot feel when it is about to go into the regen mode. I hear the click once it has past over but there is no resistance going in. There is a little more resistance coming back. So I am thinking something is worn in there after 1150hrs. Perhaps the poppet or spring on the top of the valve? Or is this normal and everyone with a similar tractor has the same issue?
This is my first tractor and I am still learning everyday

/ 855 Loader Dump Regen valve #2  
It's normal, there is no "positive" feeling when it goes into regen. There should however be a mechanical lockout to stop the joystick from moving into the regen function-I have had mine locked out for years now...

/ 855 Loader Dump Regen valve #3  
It's normal, there is no "positive" feeling when it goes into regen. There should however be a mechanical lockout to stop the joystick from moving into the regen function-I have had mine locked out for years now...

The 55 series tractors do not have that lock out feature. The European ones have a mechanical lock, but it is only to prevent the loader arms from lowering. (So you don't accidentally hit it and drop your load?) John Deere is not always real clear on their graphics, but the symbol to the far right is trying to show the fast dump regen position. Similar to the float symbol at the top. I would also like to be able to lock out the regen position.

Attachments

• Regen.jpg
    Regen.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
   / 855 Loader Dump Regen valve
I just realized that I can push the lever even more to the right than I thought.

There seems to be 3 different positions, the first is the regular slow dump that has down pressure.
Then there is a click and regen with no resistance going into.
Then it stops similar to the float on the other valve but goes further to the right if I keep pushing.I think this is where the regen should be but it is not on my tractor.
The lever comes back to neutral when I release it.
The regen starts almost immediately after I start moving the lever to the right.
I think I have something wrong in there.
Anybody with a X55 can tell me how their valve works? All these tractors share the same valve from what I can see on JDParts.

/ 855 Loader Dump Regen valve #6  
I know mine does not almost immediately go to regen as you describe, but I'll have to wait until I have the loader on again to do a detailed analysis. I'm pretty sure no regen until after the click. Just checking it without the loader there is a definite click, but nothing at all like the float click. Feels about like what you describe. In the mean time maybe someone else can chime in.

/ 855 Loader Dump Regen valve #7  
Possibly something in the linkage or joints that connect the valve to the joystick is worn?

/ 855 Loader Dump Regen valve #8  
I couldn't access the regen or the float until I totally rebuilt the linkage on my 855. Wish I could have added a 3rd spool while in there. :D

/ 855 Loader Dump Regen valve
My linkage is loose and I was planning to rebuild it eventually but I do not see how it could cause the issue I have. Perhaps I will start with that anyway but I think something is wrong in the valve.