8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #32  
I dont understand why the hate for Youtube here. I could care less if they are making money or not, Youtube has saved me literally thousands of dollars thanks to people that put together very details "how to" videos. I am very capable and highly mechanically inclined but I have no shame at all in looking for technical videos on how to do things from Youtube. I followed a multi video step by step walk through on how to completely rebuild the timing system on my old truck, saved me about $2500! Of course there are goons that put out junk videos but its not hard to weed them out.
Same here... I had a refrigerator making odd noises and a little research and YouTube videos showed me how to remove a few parts, thaw the silly thing out, and how to fix it so it wouldn't happen again. Before that I was looking a buying a new one.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #33  
Sometimes see something so stupid that it turns me against whatever they are shilling.

Does video length play into how much compensation gets paid?
Monetization is based on views, but mostly on the number of views of the ads, so, if you have 3 15 second ads, through out a 15 minute video, all things being equal, that will pay more than a 10 min video with 2 ads.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #34  
I watch far more hours of YouTube than TV anymore. It's funny though, YouTube seems to have trouble with what it suggests to be in a given day; it might be "will it run videos", than reloading content, farming, political, hunting, whatever. The better YouTube are basically creating the equivalent of a TV show length episode. Loved Johnny's Reloading Bench, although those were movie length many times.

For specific repairs; its more about how close to exactly what I'm working on can I find, over who made the video. If I'm working on an 2003 Chevy 1500HD front suspension, I will watch a kinda crappy video of that truck, over a better done video on a 07 2500 4x4...

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #35  
I find some of the videos entertaining but I mostly watch documentaries on science and history. There is one channel I really recommend if one is buying tools or other hardware is the Project Farm channel. The guy meticulously tests and torture tests battery powered tool, oils, wrenches, jump starters, etc.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #36  
I figure that if someone took the time to make a video that ultimately helps me out, that I can put up with the extra “fluff” in it. Usually once you get past the ads, you can easily fast forward and rewind to find the section that is pertinent.

I guess the only exception is when the beginning of the video is a closeup of the person’s face for awhile; I usually skip those.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #37  
I don't watch YT on this computer at all. I have a tablet and watch it on that. Much quicker to delete the 'fluff' on there than on here anyway. Conversely, I keep my viewed websites (like this one) off my tablet. I do like the 'documentary' YT video's as well as the full length movies on YT as well, just not the PPV ones because I'm inherently cheap.

I have to keep the stored memory under control on the tablet because I also use it in conjunction with flying my drones and that is very memory intensive. Much easier for me to fly my drones using the large view my tablet affords. Even though I have a large SD card installed, I can eat it up quick when recording a flight. Something I really enjoy is flying my drones, especially my Autel as it has no built in geo fencing consequently no ceiling limits nor restricted areas like around commercial airports. Flights are entirely up to user discretion and yes, I've flown it well above the clouds before, commercial airport's no. All drones sold today except for drones sold to LE have built in geo fencing. I bought mine when they (Autel) first offered them and even back then it wasn't a cheap date.

Besides, it's Kubota Orange, big plus.

Last edited:
   / 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds
I did end up pulling the lights as he had said to do... it's virtually impossible to hold the bulb in place while trying to push the socket in.
Another hint; Kubota wanted 22 $/ bulb for replacements. I couldn't find a cross reference so went into NAPA. They referred me to the local small engine shop where they took one look and said " That's the same thing as a Yamaha Grizzly or Kodiak.

Two bulbs were $5.25, including the sales tax. I also now have the bulb #. 👍

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #39  
I will say that surfing YT did help me find the LED replacements for my incandescent bulbs (as in weak) for both my M9 Kubota's but I could not find them for sale anywhere as they have a 'special' as in strange base design so I did a search on Flea-Bay and found a seller (in China) of all places that had them so I ordered 6 of them and used 4 with 2 spares. Big difference in lighting concerning the headlights. The OEM Stanley's were like 2 candles burning. I did wait almost a month for them but with 2 spares, I'd say I'm set.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #40  
I don't watch YT on this computer at all. I have a tablet and watch it on that. Much quicker to delete the 'fluff' on there than on here anyway. Conversely, I keep my viewed websites (like this one) off my tablet. I do like the 'documentary' YT video's as well as the full length movies on YT as well, just not the PPV ones because I'm inherently cheap.

I have to keep the stored memory under control on the tablet because I also use it in conjunction with flying my drones and that is very memory intensive. Much easier for me to fly my drones using the large view my tablet affords. Even though I have a large SD card installed, I can eat it up quick when recording a flight. Something I really enjoy is flying my drones, especially my Autel as it has no built in geo fencing consequently no ceiling limits nor restricted areas like around commercial airports. Flights are entirely up to user discretion and yes, I've flown it well above the clouds before, commercial airport's no. All drones sold today except for drones sold to LE have built in geo fencing. I bought mine when they (Autel) first offered them and even back then it wasn't a cheap date.

Besides, it's Kubota Orange, big plus.
Geofencing can easily be disabled on my DJI drone in settings. On or off. Not an issue anyway in the rural areas.