8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds
I will say that surfing YT did help me find the LED replacements for my incandescent bulbs (as in weak) for both my M9 Kubota's but I could not find them for sale anywhere as they have a 'special' as in strange base design so I did a search on Flea-Bay and found a seller (in China) of all places that had them so I ordered 6 of them and used 4 with 2 spares. Big difference in lighting concerning the headlights. The OEM Stanley's were like 2 candles burning. I did wait almost a month for them but with 2 spares, I'd say I'm set.
I thought about going with LED but don't know enough about wiring and resistance to keep from burning up my wiring. I may mount a couple of aftermarket lights on my roll bar but the only time I use it at night is when moving snow.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #42  
I really enjoy is flying my drones, especially my Autel as it has no built in geo fencing consequently no ceiling limits nor restricted areas like around commercial airports. Flights are entirely up to user discretion and yes, I've flown it well above the clouds before,
The poster child for the FAA crackdown on drone operations. Thankfully, no general aviation pilot has met that drone in its journeys above the clouds. The rule of thumb in general aviation is see and be seen. Pretty hard to see a small drone that is someplace it hadn't ought to be in an airplane traveling at 100 mph. It's also pretty hard to see an airplane through a wide angle lens looking in only one direction also.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #43  
I figure that if someone took the time to make a video that ultimately helps me out, that I can put up with the extra “fluff” in it. Usually once you get past the ads, you can easily fast forward and rewind to find the section that is pertinent.
I use an adblocker, don't think I've ever seen an ad on YT. Personally, I prefer a written out procedure with pictures as needed, but no one seems to be doing that anymore so you're more or less stuck with a video. Some are OK and helpful, others not so much. I do wish they'd cool it with the background music, it adds nothing and can be quite annoying.
Kubota wanted 22 $/ bulb for replacements. I couldn't find a cross reference so went into NAPA. They referred me to the local small engine shop where they took one look and said " That's the same thing as a Yamaha Grizzly or Kodiak.

Two bulbs were $5.25, including the sales tax. I also now have the bulb #. 👍
Yeah, discovered the same thing with my old JD 750. I noticed one of the headlights is broken on my Kioti...I've got aux lights on the FEL arms so I'll just sleaze by for the winter but come warmer weather I'll probably swap out both headlights for LEDs.
I thought about going with LED but don't know enough about wiring and resistance to keep from burning up my wiring. I may mount a couple of aftermarket lights on my roll bar but the only time I use it at night is when moving snow.
I mounted aftermarket lights on my FEL arms...ROPS has a couple amber strobes I use when I'm working on/near the road.
LEDs shouldn't present any electrical issues...they don't use very much power. Always a good idea to fuse them and make sure the wiring is routed so it doesn't chafe or pinch.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #44  
The poster child for the FAA crackdown on drone operations. Thankfully, no general aviation pilot has met that drone in its journeys above the clouds. The rule of thumb in general aviation is see and be seen. Pretty hard to see a small drone that is someplace it hadn't ought to be in an airplane traveling at 100 mph. It's also pretty hard to see an airplane through a wide angle lens looking in only one direction also.
I have a license btw and I'm extremely careful about where I fly it. I much prefer no geo-fencing simply because I don't much care for all the government mandated intervention in the first place, there is already a bellyfull of that crap as it is.

Beside, you know absolutely nothing about me or where I fly the Autel and what I use it for and you probably could not afford the asking price anyway.

You need to retreat to your own sandbox and play there.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #45  
Speaking of YT help video's. 1A Auto has an ongoing series of help video's that pertain to various cars and trucks showing 'how to' remove and replace worn parts. I use the all the time and I buy a lot of parts from them (and Rock Auto) as well. 1A Auto offers free shipping whereas Rock Auto don't and 1A offers a lot of parts that Rock Don't either. I use them both however and both are much less expensive than your local auto parts store most times.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #46  
I use an adblocker, don't think I've ever seen an ad on YT. Personally, I prefer a written out procedure with pictures as needed, but no one seems to be doing that anymore so you're more or less stuck with a video. Some are OK and helpful, others not so much. I do wish they'd cool it with the background music, it adds nothing and can be quite annoying.

Yeah, discovered the same thing with my old JD 750. I noticed one of the headlights is broken on my Kioti...I've got aux lights on the FEL arms so I'll just sleaze by for the winter but come warmer weather I'll probably swap out both headlights for LEDs.

I mounted aftermarket lights on my FEL arms...ROPS has a couple amber strobes I use when I'm working on/near the road.
LEDs shouldn't present any electrical issues...they don't use very much power. Always a good idea to fuse them and make sure the wiring is routed so it doesn't chafe or pinch.

I have an ad blocker too, but it evidently has no effect on the YT ads (on my phone, at least)

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #47  
I have a license btw and I'm extremely careful about where I fly it. I much prefer no geo-fencing simply because I don't much care for all the government mandated intervention in the first place, there is already a bellyfull of that crap as it is.

Beside, you know absolutely nothing about me or where I fly the Autel and what I use it for and you probably could not afford the asking price anyway.

You need to retreat to your own sandbox and play there.
Licensed? No such thing as a drone "license." Assuming you actually do have a Part 107 certificate, then you have your drone registered and have RID on it otherwise the certificate isn't valid. You obviously didn't fly above the clouds in ignorance of safety and the 400' AGL limit.
My drone tells me when there are aircraft in the area, and when I get the notice I bring the drone down and home. I can do that quickly from 393 feet up, not so quickly done from a couple of thousand feet up.
Still sounds like the actions of the poster child for more FAA regulation.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #48  
Speaking of YT help video's. 1A Auto has an ongoing series of help video's that pertain to various cars and trucks showing 'how to' remove and replace worn parts. I use the all the time and I buy a lot of parts from them (and Rock Auto) as well. 1A Auto offers free shipping whereas Rock Auto don't and 1A offers a lot of parts that Rock Don't either. I use them both however and both are much less expensive than your local auto parts store most times.
Agree 100% on the videos; however, I've had issues with A1 and Rockauto on the parts themselves; ball joints where the hole for the grease zerk wasn't tapped, missing 1 out of 3 fastener, ect. Not saying that the parts at Autozone are any better. Videos are fantastic though. If nothing else; it's great to know to crawl under with an 18mm wrench and socket, or whatever, vs playing the guessing game, and 3 trips back to the shed to get the right socket/wrench.

Don't remember if it was 1A Auto or another channel, but replacing a water pump on a 05 2500hd, they mentioned either buy the $60 single purpose slim profile wrench, or just get a $15 HF air hammer and hit the nut corners. That's the kinda advice/teaching that is extremely valuable.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #49  
Best part about 1A auto, is a lot of the time, they are working on the Specific model, not generic, wheel bearing on a late model chevy; it's an 04-06 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 gas model...

Wife had an 03 Dakota 3.9L 2wd, and I had the Haynes manual. Anyways, redoing rear drums, in a tropical storm, and thought on reinstall "this seems backwards?". Get frustrated, truck falls off the jack, have to dig a hole to get jack back under, and then see the 1997-2006 Dakota Haynes manual has a little asterisk, "on 02-03 models, reverse installation".... all while laying in fire ants, sand spurs, in a tropical storm. No telling how much stuff I threw, kicked, cussed at that evening :)

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #50  
1A Auto offers free shipping whereas Rock Auto don't and 1A offers a lot of parts that Rock Don't either. I use them both however and both are much less expensive than your local auto parts store most times.
Never heard of them before, have to check them out. Shipping is my beef with Rock Auto, order 2 items (pick 2, any 2) and guaranteed they'll come from different warehouses, so 2x the shipping charges. On many items cancels out any savings vs local parts store.