8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
It probably wasn't even that long. I've been trying for several years to figure out how to get the bulbs out of my headlights on my 3301, and finally had to resort to youtube. Now I know to pry those rubber bushings I've been trying to take out while standing on my head while balancing on the radiator.

I was about ready to use my water pump pliers, then mount a set of lights on the roll bar.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #2  
So, is it a win that you didn't spend three hours thrashing around trying to get the headlights out?:)
(Eight minutes vs...?)

While looking how to do some complicated repair on one of our vehicles, I've seen more than a few videos that left me thinking, "well, now I know how not do that!" I have trouble believing that some creators leave the some of those videos up.

I'm glad that you got it fixed!

All the best,

Peter

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #3  
I'm a little impatient by nature... You Tubers who repeat themselves or go on irrelevant tangents irritate me but, I understand that YT wants that 8-10 minute video... maybe so they can insert a couple of ads?
But yeah, 3 minutes of info in a 10 minute video is typical these days.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #4  
I must be a tad strange. I've NEVER looked a you tube. But I will agree - I've seen a few "fix it" videos that leave me wondering.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #5  
Sometimes see something so stupid that it turns me against whatever they are shilling.

Does video length play into how much compensation gets paid?

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds
I believe that it does. I just couldn't figure out how to get the rubber grommet off. Once I saw him do it I figured put what I was doing wrong. I didn't remove the entire headlight assembly rhe way that he did, I just went out with my headlamp and pulled it out.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #7  
Sometimes see something so stupid that it turns me against whatever they are shilling.

Kinda. Amongst other things, such as total views, YouTube creators are evaluated on "viewer engagement" that includes time watched, but they get dinged if someone watches half a video and leaves.
More on how ads and views work here;
More generally;
Get paid - YouTube Help

All the best,

Peter

Last edited:
   / 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #8  

No. The compensation is based on subscription (to the particular video) and their 'Pateron' page where YT gets a cut and so do they. All business and far as I'm concerned, 99% of what is on YT is entertainment for me and not much else.

What I like to do is observe what their camera sees that they don't see, IOW, everything around them that they have no idea is being recorded for posterity.

Some of them make big bucks with video's but most make little. Don't matter to me as I don't 'subscribe' to any of them anyway. They can all tell you they do it for the information but in reality, they all do it for the financial compensation.

I find YT vids to be entertaining and not much else and no I don't ever view any of Camarata's YT videos, ever.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds
I use it mostly for playing music, and for a while I was watching old B/W westerns. This is the first time I ever used it for reference and that's just because I need lights couldn't find it anywhere else.

/ 8 minutes of youtube for 10 useful seconds #10  
I have a love hate relationship with YouTube. I like being able to look for new ideas on doing things on the farm. It's really nice when I find something that I never heard of before, and it's a really good idea.

Fence Line Feeders are my latest thing that I've been watching. What drives me crazy is all the talking that goes on before actually doing anything. They just talk about the most random, meaningless stuff for several minutes. Usually if it's a ten minute video, I fast forward through half of it, then watch a bit to see if it's interesting or not. If not, I go on to the next.

Another things if when they are using a tractor to do something, they have to film every step of it from getting up in the morning, having coffee, walking to the tractor, starting the tractor, unhooking what's on the tractor, driving to the other implement, hooking it up, greasing it, finding out it needs repairs, fixing it and then actually doing something.

I have found a few good videos on rear ballast weights, but there is so much junk out there that really makes it a challenge to find something worthwhile.

For whatever reason, I do enjoy the Bush Man videos of them scaring people. They just crack me up.