7520 Owners

/ 7520 Owners #1  

MtnViewRanch

Elite Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,
If any of you have made a belly pan- skid plate please post some pictures of it. I just did an oil change and realized that the bottom of the tractor has gotten pretty beat up. I guess that I have been a little harder on my little guy than I thought.:rolleyes: My biggest concern is that the front drive shaft cover has gotten crunched pretty good and I have no idea how or when that happened.:confused: Everything looks to be ok, but I should probably do something to protect the underside before something serious happens.

Any and all pictures or ideas are appreciated.

/ 7520 Owners #2  
You had better be careful Brian. If Doug sees this he is going to call tractor protective services on you. I am sure he will get it reassigned to his care shortly after that.

/ 7520 Owners #3  
MtnViewRanch said:
If any of you have made a belly pan- skid plate please post some pictures of it. I just did an oil change and realized that the bottom of the tractor has gotten pretty beat up. I guess that I have been a little harder on my little guy than I thought.:rolleyes: My biggest concern is that the front drive shaft cover has gotten crunched pretty good and I have no idea how or when that happened.:confused: Everything looks to be ok, but I should probably do something to protect the underside before something serious happens.

Any and all pictures or ideas are appreciated.

Been meaning to answer. Iv bought a 3/8 plate that Im going to run from the front, all the way back between the B/H subframe. I plan do it in one piece, with attachment to 3/8 angle brackets - all bolted. I think I will do some cutouts to let me raise it by some hard parts that hang low. I figure Ill be getting protection, low weight, and nice tool and chain storage options. Oh, and so far, I think I will just lower it for maintenance. What Im really in need of is a round tuit, and a good concrete shop floor. Til then Im just trying to be careful. The other tractors I have arent so soft bellied.
larry

/ 7520 Owners #4  
rback33 said:
You had better be careful Brian. If Doug sees this he is going to call tractor protective services on you. I am sure he will get it reassigned to his care shortly after that.
And I'll have it repainted Mahindra Red too!!! :)

Dougster

/ 7520 Owners
Dougster said:
And I'll have it repainted Mahindra Red too!!! :)

Dougster

NO, NO, NO, New Holland blue, and it is in need of a new paint job.:) All the burned brush and other bigger plants are very hard on the paint. But there is not all that much red showing yet.

Talked with my brother about the belly pan today and he agrees with you Larry, one piece for the whole thing. Just need to spend some time to look at it and decide the best way to do it.

/ 7520 Owners #6  
MtnViewRanch said:
NO, NO, NO, New Holland blue, and it is in need of a new paint job.:) All the burned brush and other bigger plants are very hard on the paint. But there is not all that much red showing yet.
And people say that *I* am weird!!! :rolleyes:

Dougster

/ 7520 Owners #7  
MtnViewRanch said:

Talked with my brother about the belly pan today and he agrees with you Larry, one piece for the whole thing. Just need to spend some time to look at it and decide the best way to do it.

Ok I'll ask. I haven't been around that long so I guess it is ok. Why did you paint over that pretty Red? :confused: And why NH Blue? :confused:

/ 7520 Owners #8  
civesnedfield said:
Ok I'll ask. I haven't been around that long so I guess it is ok. Why did you paint over that pretty Red? :confused: And why NH Blue? :confused:
Oooh Oooh... can I answer? I know this! I know this one!!! :D

Dougster

/ 7520 Owners
civesnedfield said:

Because I simply do not like red. Ok as an accent color, but that is about it. Sure do like the red tractors though.( Mahindra & Massey) Just wasn't sure if I could take looking out over a red hood all day long. The dealer that I bought from asked what the hang up was, why was I not buying and I told him about the red hang up. He said that they would paint it then, if that was what it was going to take to make the sale. I agreed to have it painted, but not for no charge, that I would pay them to paint it. They were a New Holland-Mahindra dealer at the time and told them to paint it New Holland blue.

/ 7520 Owners #10  
MtnViewRanch said:
Because I simply do not like red. Ok as an accent color, but that is about it. Sure do like the red tractors though.( Mahindra & Massey) Just wasn't sure if I could take looking out over a red hood all day long. The dealer that I bought from asked what the hang up was, why was I not buying and I told him about the red hang up. He said that they would paint it then, if that was what it was going to take to make the sale. I agreed to have it painted, but not for no charge, that I would pay them to paint it. They were a New Holland-Mahindra dealer at the time and told them to paint it New Holland blue.

Ok I understand now. :rolleyes: