7520 beeping randomly

/ 7520 beeping randomly #1  

jrchafin

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahinda 7520
My 7520 is about 6 years old now with 600 hours or so. At times while in use it will start beeping for no reason. It is coming from the dash, and is the same beep that sounded to alert for 50 hour service. It will start after I've been running the tractor for 10 minutes or so, and only sometimes, and will continue until I shut the ignition off. Then I can restart immediately without any further problem. Dash shows healthy as well, and there are no warning lights. There is no change in performance at all. Seems to be just a glitch in the electronics, but I'm not sure what to check or what I should be worried about, if anything.

/ 7520 beeping randomly #2  
That warning beeper is tied into the transmission lube oil circuit. It will sound if there is low pressure for an extented length of time. I think its 5 mins. The sending unit is located on the right side of the transmission just above the transmission filter. Look between the floor board and battery box to locate it. I have replaced serveral sending units but it can also happen if the the system loses prime so make sure you have serviced the filter and keep oil level full. I believe the circuits normal pressure is only around 20lbs. so its easy for it to drop off enough to set it off.

/ 7520 beeping randomly
Thanks. Will check it out.

/ 7520 beeping randomly #4  
I bet it is the service reminder buzzer. Mine came on at 600 and 750 hours, as I remember.
hugs, Brandi

/ 7520 beeping randomly
That warning beeper is tied into the transmission lube oil circuit. It will sound if there is low pressure for an extented length of time. I think its 5 mins. The sending unit is located on the right side of the transmission just above the transmission filter. Look between the floor board and battery box to locate it. I have replaced serveral sending units but it can also happen if the the system loses prime so make sure you have serviced the filter and keep oil level full. I believe the circuits normal pressure is only around 20lbs. so its easy for it to drop off enough to set it off.
My tractor is doing this again, beeping about 10-20 minutes after startup and then won't stop until you shut it down. Tractor has 1400 hours on it, it's a 2008, 7520 model. Transmission oil is full and recently changed, and the filter is new. Tractor functions normally. There are no warning lights on the dash. I've tried resetting the maintenance reminder several times and that doesn't do anything.

Is there any way to tell for sure if it is the maintenance beep? Are there 2 different beepers, one for maintenance and one for a fault? I called the dealer and spoke with a technician who said if there are no warning lights on the dash then it must be the maintenance reminder and to just unplug it. He said the beeper is just below the steering column, and seemed to think the only beeper on it was the maintenance beeper. I'm not 100% confident in his answer though. I don't want to unplug a warning beeper if there's actually a problem.

There is a sensor just behind the battery box with 2 wires attached which I'm pretty sure is the transmission lube circuit. Visually it looks fine, no leakage or damage. If I disconnect it the tractor won't even crank when trying to start. It reads 4 ohms when tractor is not running, and around 20 when it's idling, but there seems some variability there. What's the best way to test this? I could unscrew it and install an actual gauge to read the pressure I suppose. I have the service manual but can't find anything on this sensor.

/ 7520 beeping randomly #6  
My tractor is doing this again, beeping about 10-20 minutes after startup and then won't stop until you shut it down. Tractor has 1400 hours on it, it's a 2008, 7520 model. Transmission oil is full and recently changed, and the filter is new. Tractor functions normally. There are no warning lights on the dash. I've tried resetting the maintenance reminder several times and that doesn't do anything.

Is there any way to tell for sure if it is the maintenance beep? Are there 2 different beepers, one for maintenance and one for a fault? I called the dealer and spoke with a technician who said if there are no warning lights on the dash then it must be the maintenance reminder and to just unplug it. He said the beeper is just below the steering column, and seemed to think the only beeper on it was the maintenance beeper. I'm not 100% confident in his answer though. I don't want to unplug a warning beeper if there's actually a problem.

There is a sensor just behind the battery box with 2 wires attached which I'm pretty sure is the transmission lube circuit. Visually it looks fine, no leakage or damage. If I disconnect it the tractor won't even crank when trying to start. It reads 4 ohms when tractor is not running, and around 20 when it's idling, but there seems some variability there. What's the best way to test this? I could unscrew it and install an actual gauge to read the pressure I suppose. I have the service manual but can't find anything on this sensor.
Aft of the battery box is the neutral safety switch.
What did you do that mixed it 10 years ago?