5425 John Deere Purchase

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase
I just finished adding a cab guard including risers from fron of tractor. I also modified the grill guard by extending it out about 3” so l don’t have to fold it over to open the hood. Also welded some expanded metal on the front of the grill guard & rolled under the front.
IMG_2836.JPG
IMG_2838.JPG
IMG_2841.JPG
IMG_2842.JPG
IMG_2840.JPG

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase #22  
I'll bet you could sell those cab "halos" if you went into production. (y) 🤠
Did you add the D rings? Are they to tie down while hauling?
Is that a Yamaha Viking hiding behind it in the first picture?

Yes i also added the “D” rings for hauling. I didn’t like the way the dealer tied it down around the axle.
Thanks the the compliment on the guards.
The side by side in the pic is an Intimidator. They were somehow tied to Bad Boys but btoke off on their own - is what l was told. I built all the guards around it also, they weren’t available at the time l bought the machine. It’s a Diesel engine & doesn’t go fast but does what l need.

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase #24  
When my JD 6415 was delivered the trucker chained to the front axle. The chains were so tight chain link impressions are in the paint on the axle. At least he did not do the same on the rear axle. In the back he had a clevis in the drawbar.
I heard the same about Intimidator breaking off from Bad Boy. I almost bought one used, more HP than I really needed. The former owner told me he broke two rear axle shafts, (both replaced under warranty) and that's why he traded it off.

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase #25  
The guards look good both in design and workmanship.

Thanks. I’m hoping I’ll be able to test them out in the next few days. It’s not supposed to rain for about 7 days. We will see. I’m on vacation in Louisiana now & will be back in Arkansas tomorrow evening. Need to start picking up rocks in my yard so l can get top soil delivered & spread then spread grass seed. Rocks just seem to grow well here in Arkansas.