5425 John Deere Purchase

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase #11  
Zebra5, l thought l did pull up on pin #16but wasn’t able to slide it out. In reading the operating manual, says to push pit to the inside of tractor then slid out. Haven’t tried this yet won’t be back to the barn until Monday.
That is very nice setup on all the loader hoses on one coupler. Did you install it yourself or was it already on tractor? What would it cost to have that setup installed?
I was guessing pull the pin when I looked it up in JD parts.
I bought and added the single point coupler. I made the mount and had to adapt my loader hoses from JIC to ORFS. It cost me about $600

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase #12  
I’m looking for the ball joints for the front wheels steering & the piece that screws on the hydraulic steering cylinder. I tried to look at John Deere parts but guess l don’t know where to find it. Anyone good at finding parts can come up with part numbers. I need both sides.
Which front axle do you have? Carraro or Dana?
Drawing is Dana, does it show parts you want?
5425dana.JPG

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase #13  
Here's the Carraro axle
5425carraro.JPG

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase
According to the drawing you provided, it looks to be Dana. I’ll order the parts according to the drawing. Thanks. I tried to look them up but guess l need more practice. Thanks again.

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase #15  
The 5xxx series telescopic draft links you push the knob to the side. That disengages #18, then pull the end out. If you have the draft link balls with both cat 1 & 2... (shown as #11) Don't use the cat 1 hole. The balls break. Better use a sleeve to adapt a #1 to the #2.

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase #16  
That sure is a clean looking tractor and one of the best of the modern JD's. Good find.

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase #17  
According to the drawing you provided, it looks to be Dana. I’ll order the parts according to the drawing. Thanks. I tried to look them up but guess l need more practice. Thanks again.
Your axle should have serial number tag from the maker.

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase
Thanks, l ready like it so far but haven’t been able to use it yet because it still too wet.
I’m fabricating a guard around the top of the cab with risers from the front of tractor to top of cab to help deflect limbs. Ive got one support leg fabbed with 3 more to go then the risers from the front. Spent too much money to take a chance on damaging the cab.
I traded a 2002 Case backhoe & some cash ($$) for this tractor.
I need to get all the filters & oil from the dealer to get a fresh start. Does this come in a kit form or doml have to buy separately? Would like to order & have shipped. There sure are a lot of filters including the ones for the cab.
As far as the tie-rods l need to look at a new one to determine exactly what l need. The tie-rod is definitely bad, no grease fitting. What I’m not sure about is on the other end where it ties to the hydraulic cylinder. Looks like a boo should be there but isn’t.

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase #19  
No kit, you have to buy separate. Be sure to check/clean the suction screen in the transmission, get a new packing key 2 also.
5425filters.JPG
5425screen.JPG

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase #20  
I bought a used 5525 six ago and used it for five and sold it a year ago. Miss it greatly but could not justify keeping it since stopped farming. The releases on the 3 pth to me are very different than on the case we had and kubota or fords. That included the pins for the stabilizers, the arm extension and also the fixed draw bar pin. However I found that were great designs. Very dependable and really liked the pin for the fix draw bar over a simple pin and clip. Think you will be greatly pleased. One word of caution, I twisted my fel and ended up replacing it with a self leveling which I really and glad I did. The loader was strong enough to lift a tree off of my mother in laws house a hurricane had blown down. Till then had not realize just how strong the JD loader was.

I found the loader was very easy to remove and install IF YOU HAD it parked on stable and level ground. I also often took it off if say working in a field.

On the rear remotes check to see what kind you have. One thing I did not like on mine were they were the type that did not auto kick out which was only type I had ever used.

Sorry don't remember the company's name in Chicago area who sells a lot of JD compatible parts. Only JD part I bought from them was a power cord for the power outlet in the right console. But much less than dealership was.