5425 John Deere Purchase

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase #1  

kwbretired

Silver Member
Tractor
Case 485, John Deere 5425, & John Deere Skid Steer 333D
I just signed papers for a 2005 John Deere 5425 4x4 with a loader with 2200 hours yesterday. Its in excellent condition. This will be the last tractor l buy hopefully at least according to my wife. 🤪. Should be deliverd this Thursday or Friday. Only problem it too wet to do much of anything.
Thanks to Zebra5 for the recommendations on the tractor sizes l was looking for.

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase #2  
Good choice! I'd like to trade my JD 2030 for 5X25 series.

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase
IMG_2802.JPG

Just got delivered today. Now just need for it to dry up.

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase #4  
That old tractor looks to be in good shape. Nice find. The loader stands still slide in the torque tube. I think I bent mine just a bit the first time or 2 I took the loader off. Justa bit, couldn't really tell it except they wouldn't go back in the tube. Then i learned how to take the loader off.

That’s one of the many things I’m going to have to learn, this is my first loader tractor. Need to figoure out how to slide out the 3 point extensions. On side is missing some parts. Dealership said they will ship me the parts to fix it. They are also getting me the service/technical manual. Hopefully they will come through.

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase #6  
Yea, looks like you may be missing the pins for the stands. That loader is so easy to remove and install. The hoses are actually the hardest part. I have a single point hookup on my new tractor that I wouldn't trade for anything. Probably the single most useful addon that I got. I'm always attaching and removing my loader. I do't have it on my tractor unless I'm using it.

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase #7  
You lift key 15 to release the extensions of the 3pt lower link/arm
54253ptarms.JPG

/ 5425 John Deere Purchase #8  
Single point, or Multi-coupler is a great addition if you take your loader off and on a lot.
Both of my tractors have one. Both are 3rd function equipped, so it saves dealing with six quick couplers.
DSCN7232.JPG

Zebra5, l thought l did pull up on pin #16but wasn’t able to slide it out. In reading the operating manual, says to push pit to the inside of tractor then slid out. Haven’t tried this yet won’t be back to the barn until Monday.
That is very nice setup on all the loader hoses on one coupler. Did you install it yourself or was it already on tractor? What would it cost to have that setup installed?

I’m looking for the ball joints for the front wheels steering & the piece that screws on the hydraulic steering cylinder. I tried to look at John Deere parts but guess l don’t know where to find it. Anyone good at finding parts can come up with part numbers. I need both sides.