Loader 5103 512 Loader mounting frames

/ 5103 512 Loader mounting frames
It's not really a great tractor for loader work. Gears aren't synched very well and 2-wheel drive, etc. A hydrostat or something with power-reverser and 4-wheel drive and R4 tires might be a better option.

Just my opinion.

You don't necessarily have to "upgrade to a newer tractor". Just find something you like that already has a loader on it.

Again, just my 2 cents.

View attachment 820064

Thanks for your reply. Just need the loader for small jobs nothing major, hay bales, trash, minor dirt work etc. Only have the one tractor. Almost easier to rent a loader at this rate.

It looks to me as if the mounting frame parts are all available though parts department. The are Quite expensive because each part is ordered individually instead of the complete bundle that was originally available through sales dept. My guess is around $5000 for left and right frames with adapter plates and hardware.
Thanks for your reply. Based on talking with the JD sales rep at my locale store on the inquiry for a 512 loader for the 5103, based on his past experience the mounting frame/plates were no longer made due to the 5103 series no longer made. I guess I should call parts and inquiry with them. Per chance did you check or just look up parts cost on line. Thanks

Or go with an aftermarket loader. I have a Koyker 185 on one of my 5403, and it has been a good loader. Their website shows the same loader for the 5103, since it has the same frame size. It has been in use for over 15 years without problems. My other two loaders are JD.

Thanks for your reply. Have explored Westendorf and it appears they can support my requirement for a loader. Checking on the mounting brackets if they can provide or not. I am standing by for their response.

I'd think a 512 would be "whole goods" only as it's not a QA loader. I understood there are only one set of mounting frames / loader towers and they only came with the loader.

553 was the QA loader for those tractors, not sure what the newer models are, but what ever fits a 5045D might fit.

The 9x3 gear box isn't great for loader work, only EXTRA SLOW, TOO FAST and WARP SPEED for reverse gears.
Thanks for your reply. Per the JD rep they have 512 loaders with all the accessories just not the mounting frame/towers. Without those can not move forward. Have checked about other loaders but the JD 512 is the only loader that works with the 2 wheel drive 5103. Am exploring non JD loaders if doable. Thanks