Loader 5103 512 Loader mounting frames

/ 5103 512 Loader mounting frames #1  

Boomer53

Tractor
John Deere 5103
Considering adding a front end loader (JD 512)to my basic 5103. Per JD sales they don't make/sale the loader mounting frame. W/o the frame can not proceed. Any thoughts or suggestions on where to find the frame parts other than upgrade to a newer tractor with a loader already installed. Have searched the net with no luck.

/ 5103 512 Loader mounting frames
Welcome to TBN

Might find what you are looking for at JD parts

Looks to be available.
Started with my locale JD dealer. He was the one who stated: they not available anymore, have not been made due to the series of tractor out of production. Unless they come off an existing 5103 for parts, very hard to come by. One option I found was to order from India, apparently they are readily available over there. Thanks

/ 5103 512 Loader mounting frames #4  
Put up some pics of what you have available on the model 512 loader.

Apparently no frame parts at all?

Getting the frame fabricated from the schematics linked in JD parts could be a consideration, but at what expense?

/ 5103 512 Loader mounting frames #5  
It's not really a great tractor for loader work. Gears aren't synched very well and 2-wheel drive, etc. A hydrostat or something with power-reverser and 4-wheel drive and R4 tires might be a better option.

Just my opinion.

You don't necessarily have to "upgrade to a newer tractor". Just find something you like that already has a loader on it.

Again, just my 2 cents.

1694123967060.png

/ 5103 512 Loader mounting frames #6  
It looks to me as if the mounting frame parts are all available though parts department. The are Quite expensive because each part is ordered individually instead of the complete bundle that was originally available through sales dept. My guess is around $5000 for left and right frames with adapter plates and hardware.

/ 5103 512 Loader mounting frames #7  
Or go with an aftermarket loader. I have a Koyker 185 on one of my 5403, and it has been a good loader. Their website shows the same loader for the 5103, since it has the same frame size. It has been in use for over 15 years without problems. My other two loaders are JD.

Last edited:
   / 5103 512 Loader mounting frames #8  
I'd think a 512 would be "whole goods" only as it's not a QA loader. I understood there are only one set of mounting frames / loader towers and they only came with the loader.

553 was the QA loader for those tractors, not sure what the newer models are, but what ever fits a 5045D might fit.

The 9x3 gear box isn't great for loader work, only EXTRA SLOW, TOO FAST and WARP SPEED for reverse gears.

Put up some pics of what you have available on the model 512 loader.

Apparently no frame parts at all?

Getting the frame fabricated from the schematics linked in JD parts could be a consideration, but at what expense?

Thanks for the reply. These are the mounting frames needed for the 5103. Attachment ID code BW15858 left and right side. My locale JD supplier has the 512 loader with all the accessories just not the mounting frames.

Attachments

• 512_mast_mounting_frames_side.jpg
    512_mast_mounting_frames_side.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 512_mounting_frame.jpg
    512_mounting_frame.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 53