50 hour service

/ 50 hour service #1  

Omnipotent

Bronze Member
Getting ready for this and was thumbing through the manual, it shows 11 gallons of hydraulic fluid? Is this right? I have the hst 335 and need to know if during the draining am I draining all 11 gallons? Stuff is like 35 per 2.5 gallon jug.

Same on the front axle, 8 quarts gear lube? Again am I draining 8 qts?

Thanks

/ 50 hour service
Wow. 700 for them to do the service doesn't sound bad now. It will be close to 400 in filters and fluids.....man with all the talk here regarding the expense I thought materials would be less.

Anyway thanks for the confirmation.

/ 50 hour service #4  
I think it cost me about $350 in oil/filters. You could save some $$$ by not using the BC fluid. OK, time for everyone to chime in on the generic/OEM oil debate.

I think if I had to do it over again I would have got the generic oil...even while under warranty.

/ 50 hour service #5  
There are several discussions on this forum about fluids, I personally went with Conoco powertran. I want to say it is about $45 per 5 gal. You might try searching to dig up some of the old threads.

/ 50 hour service #6  
How much for a 50 hour service? I have a JD 3320e with 47 hours and I can expect what kind of bill at a dealer's place?

/ 50 hour service #7  
Getting ready for this and was thumbing through the manual, it shows 11 gallons of hydraulic fluid? Is this right? I have the hst 335 and need to know if during the draining am I draining all 11 gallons? Stuff is like 35 per 2.5 gallon jug.

Same on the front axle, 8 quarts gear lube? Again am I draining 8 qts?

Thanks

You likely already know this, but I'll mention it anyway. Don't forget to drain hydraulic oil from the plugs on the final drives in addition to the main plug. The Kioti manual does not show those plugs and some have missed it. Perhaps Bobcat manuals mention these plugs.

/ 50 hour service
They do in fact mention those plugs and show them but thanks anyhow.

Another question what do you drain 11 gallons into? Or do you stop after several quarts and empty then repeat?

/ 50 hour service #9  
I was told it was a waste of money to change the hydro fluid and just did the filters I think it was about a $100 for everything for the 50 hr service.

/ 50 hour service #10  
I made sure my oil drain pan was 100% clean and that the drain plug area was 100% as well. Now I use the drained 50hr fluid as a topper fluid. I didn't have the heart (or the wallet) to throw away what looked like perfectly good and clean oil. I had no particles on my magnets either.