5 Volt USB Fans

/ 5 Volt USB Fans #21  
No I don't lock anything and keys are in the ignition, police are 30 minutes here, again no concerns, live in the country and the only people banging on my door are people bringing me pie for plowing their driveways. We also have animals every day here.

Let me be clear I am not anti-gun I have a ccw and carry when I atv due to coyote.outside of that no, don't really worry about much at all, and I am well aware of what goes on in the world.

Disappointing you have had so many negative encounters. Hope it gets better for you
I love living out here. Besides coons and hogs it's rare to shoot something that is not food. I just always have a weapon on or near me. Worked on it until it was habit like most of you with your phone. I don't carry phone, keys or wallet unless I leave the place (as little as possible) and even then no phone for me. Most of my bad encounters were solved years ago, still the lost phone zombies that are pissed because their phone quit working or the ones that think ALL Mark Twain land is public and it's a park. Fifty percent of the forest is privately owned and there are few "public" facilities in these parts.

Don't have any one close enough to plow for nor do we have that much snow. Except for one house most around here have way more property than I do and machines to match. :D

I grew up in SoCal and my dad was an LAPD officer. Never saw him without a weapon outside the house and we had zero crime in the hills back then. He just knew the odds better than most and made sure we understood the police can not and will not protect you. They are in charge of their own well being anything other than that is a bonus.

/ 5 Volt USB Fans #22  
I love living out here. Besides coons and hogs it's rare to shoot something that is not food. I just always have a weapon on or near me. Worked on it until it was habit like most of you with your phone. I don't carry phone, keys or wallet unless I leave the place (as little as possible) and even then no phone for me. Most of my bad encounters were solved years ago, still the lost phone zombies that are pissed because their phone quit working or the ones that think ALL Mark Twain land is public and it's a park. Fifty percent of the forest is privately owned and there are few "public" facilities in these parts.

Don't have any one close enough to plow for nor do we have that much snow. Except for one house most around here have way more property than I do and machines to match. :D

I grew up in SoCal and my dad was an LAPD officer. Never saw him without a weapon outside the house and we had zero crime in the hills back then. He just knew the odds better than most and made sure we understood the police can not and will not protect you. They are in charge of their own well being anything other than that is a bonus.
One thing you might consider carrying is a cell phone. The more isolated one is the more need they have to call for help and assistance if and when such a need arises.

/ 5 Volt USB Fans #23  
Why? No cell service out here. Have to head a couple miles toward town to get service. Besides I carried one of them miserable POS during my "career" when I was on call 24x7. I don't use any phone if I can avoid it at all. I figure one day I'll die in the woods and nature will make me disappear.

/ 5 Volt USB Fans #24  
I don't need a nanny phone like a helicopter over me or extension cord either.
Did without them for decades, why start now?

/ 5 Volt USB Fans #27  
yes, they carry a phone with 911 on speed dial, they are often referred to as "The victim" by the police when they respond to their 911 call the next day.
I have made it to my middle eighties without carrying a gun 24 - 7. I hope to continue the rest of my journey the same way. When and if I ever get that scared and afraid I will move into a cave in a remote mountain with a thick steel door.

/ 5 Volt USB Fans #28  
I have made it to my middle eighties without carrying a gun 24 - 7. I hope to continue the rest of my journey the same way. When and if I ever get that scared and afraid I will move into a cave in a remote mountain with a thick steel door.
You think people who choose to peacefully go about the day armed are "scared and afraid" of being attacked?

I carry a fire extinguisher, first aid kit, tools, chains, etc. I'm not in fear of anything. It's called being prepared.

/ 5 Volt USB Fans #29  
It's like a seat belt, you hope you never need it but it once you do it's too late to grab it. I did not carry until later in life, still carry mostly to bring home meat or target vermin.
One of my best friends was (passed recently) a pediatrician and active in his church. He always had a pistol on him, you'd never know.
No one is asking anyone to carry or own a weapon but just like EVs or Cell phone some choose to use them some don't. No worries live and let live.

/ 5 Volt USB Fans #30  
I'm not afraid and live in way out in the woods.
Never lock anything.
Keys are in vehicles including the tractors.
You never know when a meal is walking up to you.
Beavers, muskrat, etc show up unannounced and need removing.
We have predators, bear, coyote, bobcat, hogs and I have livestock.
Then there are the Meth users all over rural areas that look to steal anything, mostly the dogs fix that.
MO is free state anyone can and carry, open or concealed, around here most are armed.
I hunt and something is always in season. At least a 22 on the ATV all the time, bigger as needed.
I did have some dude come to my front door with weapon demanding his daughter that I had kidnapped, wrong house, He was looking for someone living a mile+ down the road.....
Now the cops are an hour away, 45 min on a good day, so that is useless if something should happen. No regular patrols in our area where there is less than 10 souls per square mile.
I operate a campground so I have strange people around all the time, I'm security for them and us.
My private roads are nicer than the county roads, so lost city people drive in all time thinking it will lead to civilization. Some of them are real "nice" people running over ducks, geese, cats, dogs, kids.
Lastly it is my right to carry per the US Constitutions second amendment.

I'm betting you lock your car and house at all times, I'd rather not. Do you lock yourself in the house at night? Why?
I could not tell you where my house keys are have never locked the door. Of course there are 2 to 6 dogs in the house, your guess which ones and how many.
I don't have locks on my storage buildings or my shop.
If I set something down on my property it will stay unless some critter runs off with it. Part of that is that local thieves KNOW you willing to protect it.

SO you feel free to remain unarmed and out source your safety to the government. I'm responsible for my safety, my families safety and my livestock safety. No one else cares.........
Law enforcement has NO duty to protect you against any crime or injury. The REPORT crime, sometimes they arrest someone but they'll be back on the street in a day or two if they can't pay the rent at the county jail (~$60 per night).

Besides I may want to spend a few minutes at range when I'm in the back 40 and not have to make the mile+ round trip to house. ;)

Edited 8/19/2022 at 0840 to add some thoughts.
You just perfectly explained why gun free zones or gun restricted areas have higher crime rates. And also why open carry, high gun ownership areas are less prone to crime. It is simple human nature. Nobody wants to get shot over something stupid. It now becomes a matter of what is the likelihood of getting shot when doing something stupid. Survival instincts are strong even in the most stupid among us.

Now then, meth-head zombies? That's a different story altogether...

Really like the fans as well as the chainsaw carrier. Just picked up a 20v DeWalt chainsaw yesterday.