/ 4707 #631  
I used it today to tow a trailer around the farm. The answer is...I don't know if it is working correctly, but it isn't working the way "I think" it should be working.

Here's why: when you back up to a trailer and raise the 3pt hitch to hook up, the hitch still raises even when you've stopped moving the control tab in the cab. Likewise, while you're on the move towing the trailer and you have to raise or lower the hitch for whatever reason, you might move the control tab just a little bit...but the hitch keeps going (either raising or lowering, depending on which direction you are sliding the tab).

It's getting a little frustrating. The dealer says they've sold a crapload of 4700 tractors and no one else is having this problem. I'm not touching the draft control knob, either, so that's not the issue. I've never had an electric over hydraulic 3pt hitch system before. Is this lack of absolute direct control over the 3pt hitch simply part of the deal with electric/hydraulic?

As far as I'm concerned, it's also a safety issue. You don't want anyone near the 3pt hitch while either raising or lowering it because once you slide the control tab, it's going to do whatever it wants to do and you're not really in control over it.
I think the 4700 have the same 3 point system the 5700 have, and mine is doing basically the same thing. Did you get this resolved? Mine started raising by itself and at one point i just sat there and it went up and down several times. i had been using it for hours and then its started, so its definitely a fault of sort. Here it is on vid from yesterday.

/ 4707 #632  
If you have draft control, check where the lever is.

/ 4707 #633  
I still haven't gotten my tractor yet, but it did arrive at his dealership. It's a 2022 model, and when I asked him if he did the upgrade to the AC, he replied that it already has the new AC system. But it's also leaking, so he's fixing that and hopefully I'll have it next week.

There is a group on Facebook called "Massey Ferguson 4700 Global Tractors" that has a discussion about the AC system and the upgrade kit.

Here is a copy of what somebody said

"Enhancement kit for 4707 Standard cab….
#ACX3795510 $2165.00 Main Kit
ACT0079330 $143.00 Filter Hsg Template
ACT0079340 $128.00 A/C Unit Template
Should be the part numbers needed for the non-visio roof tractor. I remembered that you also have to evacuate the Freon from system beforehand and recharge afterwards."

In another thread about the AC system, they talk about the heat valve not shutting the coolant off to the heater. From what I understand, you have to turn off the valve so the hot water from the engine stops going into the heater. Here is a video link that one of the dealers made to show where it's at.

Link to the FB Group

Eddie did they get the ac leak fixed? My 5711 is dripping too. I think it’s the ac lines condensation inside the frame. I’m going to temporarily fix it with screws and rubber washers. Don’t want to permanently fix it til I know how much water there is. There is also a hole in the bottom of ac pan outside above back window that drips on to window. I’m also going to re-run the fender drain so it doesn’t drip on my def pump and keep it a mess.
IMG_7840.jpeg

IMG_7847.jpeg

IMG_7837.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7845.jpeg
    IMG_7845.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7847.jpeg
    IMG_7847.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
   / 4707 #634  
Eddie did they get the ac leak fixed? My 5711 is dripping too. I think it’s the ac lines condensation inside the frame. I’m going to temporarily fix it with screws and rubber washers. Don’t want to permanently fix it til I know how much water there is. There is also a hole in the bottom of ac pan outside above back window that drips on to window. I’m also going to re-run the fender drain so it doesn’t drip on my def pump and keep it a mess.
View attachment 862835
View attachment 862836
View attachment 862837
2022 is when Massey came out with the new AC system that solved all the issues from the earlier versions. From what I've read, the AC didn't work very good before then. Mine works great!!!

I have a tube that comes out the back of my roof that water runs out of when the AC is on. It's a lot of water, and it's pretty much, non stop.

I haven't experienced what you're dealing with. Have you joined the Facebook Group "Massey Ferguson 4700 Global Tractors"? There are several Dealers that follow it and give advice on how to fix things. Most of the time it's a Code that shows up on the screen, but other times, it's something pretty interesting.

/ 4707 #635  
2022 is when Massey came out with the new AC system that solved all the issues from the earlier versions. From what I've read, the AC didn't work very good before then. Mine works great!!!

I have a tube that comes out the back of my roof that water runs out of when the AC is on. It's a lot of water, and it's pretty much, non stop.

I haven't experienced what you're dealing with. Have you joined the Facebook Group "Massey Ferguson 4700 Global Tractors"? There are several Dealers that follow it and give advice on how to fix things. Most of the time it's a Code that shows up on the screen, but other times, it's something pretty interesting.
I wasn’t a facebook member but joined to try and join that group. Ac does work good and pretty sure we have the same unit. Yesterday at about 84f I was reading mid to low 30’s with the occasional 25f which is probably right before compressor is kicked off. This is with a Milwaukee ir temp gun. This is why I’m rerouting the main ac drain, when working dirt it keeps mud caked on the axle and def pump.
IMG_7848.jpeg

/ 4707 #636  
Eddie, thankfully my earlier 4707 had zero a/c problems and in hot sticky NC summers only had to go to second fan position.
you sure don't want water leaks where you can't see them. That isn't going to end well.
often issue is just chaff/dirt/bugs clogging up a drain hole, happens in rv's too.

I bet the a/c systems work fine in a perfectly clean world.