Loader 430 FEL lift problem

/ 430 FEL lift problem #11  
I just rebuilt my cylinders and there just like yours. The hardest part is getting the wire ring that secures the endcap out. If I were you I would order new wire rings when you order the seal kits. You will need to either make or buy something that will allow you to rotate the endcap. As you rotate the end cap the wire ring should come out of the hole and unwind. But if it is anything like mine it was rusted in and had to be pulled with pliers/vicegrips and pushed with a small punch. If they are rusted in I would advice you to get the new wire rings 1st so you know just what you are up against. Because you will need to figure which direction you need to go to unwind them. Good luck.

/ 430 FEL lift problem #12  
I just rebuilt my cylinders and there just like yours. The hardest part is getting the wire ring that secures the endcap out. If I were you I would order new wire rings when you order the seal kits. You will need to either make or buy something that will allow you to rotate the endcap. As you rotate the end cap the wire ring should come out of the hole and unwind. But if it is anything like mine it was rusted in and had to be pulled with pliers/vicegrips and pushed with a small punch. If they are rusted in I would advice you to get the new wire rings 1st so you know just what you are up against. Because you will need to figure which direction you need to go to unwind them. Good luck.

Good advice Jeff:thumbsup:

/ 430 FEL lift problem #13  
I need to pay close attention to this repair.
So far, so good with my 430 FEL, but regularly max it out with pallets of split firewood...so it is likely just a matter of time.
Appreciate all the advice. :)

/ 430 FEL lift problem

Jeff, thank you. I was worried about the wire rings most of all. I have been very busy the last few days so today i am finally trying to round up parts. I got on JDparts and went to the 430 FEL diagrams... well all the parts diagrams are lumped together for the 430 with the 419, 420 and 460 loaders, I was confused, and could not be sure which cylinder/ rebuild kit was actually for my cilinders.. I am going to have to dig in there again and maybe call deere.

As far as turning the end cap, and needing a tool, there is that hole in it. Is it threaded? I was thinking it was, but not sure. Again, once i am looking at the right diagram hopefully that will give me a hint. i wish i could SEE the wire ring thing before i got after it so i knew what i was up against.

I called a local hydraulic repair shop and the guy quoted me 140 apiece to rebuild these, so i am going to do it myself and put the 200 i will save towards an auger...

/ 430 FEL lift problem
Is the Wire Ring called the "tie band" by JDParts?? in the diagram it would be No. 11. it states to also order something else with the Tie Band and gives a number. Think that must be it.

Kenny, in diagrams on JD parts, there are 9 "lift cylinders" outlined... i presume they are in order of model number, lowest to highest as follows.

2 - 410 old
4- 410 new
6 - 419
8- 420 old
10 420 new
12 430 old
14 430 new
16 460 old
18 460 new..

hence my 430 old style would be parts list # 12. cylinder replacement kit #AH157965, plus it says order 169904 (wire ring) AND it says SUB 176345...
is 176345 just a newer number?

Attachments

• WP3922_________UN01MAY98.gif
    WP3922_________UN01MAY98.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 786
Last edited:
   / 430 FEL lift problem
I need to pay close attention to this repair.
So far, so good with my 430 FEL, but regularly max it out with pallets of split firewood...so it is likely just a matter of time.
Appreciate all the advice. :)

i was beating mine pretty good that day beenthere. digging in some heavy clay that was mixed with crushed concrete and in the bottom of a draw across my driveway. it stayed wet and i had packed it in for 2 years... it was coming out too!!! i should have used more curl to breakout and less lift. My fault. they are sturdy little loaders. I am so impressed with the power of this 4300. I was a little worried it was going to be undersized for me, but it is so versatile and powerful... No it is not a skid steer loader. Slow down Bill.

/ 430 FEL lift problem #17  
Is the Wire Ring called the "tie band" by JDParts?? in the diagram it would be No. 11. it states to also order something else with the Tie Band and gives a number. Think that must be it.

Kenny, in diagrams on JD parts, there are 9 "lift cylinders" outlined... i presume they are in order of model number, lowest to highest as follows.

2 - 410 old
4- 410 new
6 - 419
8- 420 old
10 420 new
12 430 old
14 430 new
16 460 old
18 460 new..

hence my 430 old style would be parts list # 12. cylinder replacement kit #AH157965, plus it says order 169904 (wire ring) AND it says SUB 176345...
is 176345 just a newer number?

The drawing you posted is correct, and I agree with the numbers you found. Below is a screenshot of what I came up with.
I think the H169904 is the newer/current number, you sub (substitute) it for the H161744 number.

The H176345 is the older seal kit-it has been sub'ed for the AH157965.

So, you need to order:
2-AH157965 Seal Kit
2-H169904 Ring

Clear a s mud yet?:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 430.jpg
    430.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 255
   / 430 FEL lift problem
odd, mine did not have the actual loader numbers on them. your screenshot is much more clear than what i ordered from...
Anyway I ordered the parts; Parts are out of stock at ALL my local dealers except 1 kit in Paris Tx... will have to wait for them to come in.

I will try to document the rebuild with pictures once i get the parts in.

thanks for all the help.

/ 430 FEL lift problem #19  
I have a 4310 with the 430 loader and when I removed a old barn foundation and hauled it to my neighbor who crushed and resells the rock. He could not get over the size of the pieces I was bringing him that I loaded with my "little lawnmower" !!!

/ 430 FEL lift problem #20  
odd, mine did not have the actual loader numbers on them. your screenshot is much more clear than what i ordered from...
Anyway I ordered the parts; Parts are out of stock at ALL my local dealers except 1 kit in Paris Tx... will have to wait for them to come in.

I will try to document the rebuild with pictures once i get the parts in.

thanks for all the help.

You are welcome. I am curious what your JD Parts screen looks like if it's different than mine:confused2:?