425 - model year changes and price check

/ 425 - model year changes and price check #61  
I do know what a 425 and an old 422 won't do, And i do know slope work when you say traction takes work tells me all i need to know, you are on the edge. Don't worry i won't both you guys any more, Play with your toys
Oh man, don't go away like that.

My 422 crawls up on the mower when going up hill, but i don't thinks it's actually made for mowing 45 slopes. It is pretty good at telling me that i've exceeded it's tilt capability on the side, as it kinda starts to lay over like it wants to take a rest. It's not happened many times but i shut the engine off, unbuckle and slide out the downhill side, put a chain on the uphill side and pull it back upright. I have lotsa trees on my place, so finding a place to anchor isn't hard.

/ 425 - model year changes and price check #62  
On the few occasions that I've had the brush cutter front wheels start to dig into the sandy hillside while pushing it uphill while in float mode, I've just pulled it out of float, lifted the wheels about an inch off the ground, and that transfers all of the brush hog and FEL arm weight onto the front wheels, increasing traction, and up I go.

/ 425 - model year changes and price check #63  
On the few occasions that I've had the brush cutter front wheels start to dig into the sandy hillside while pushing it uphill while in float mode, I've just pulled it out of float, lifted the wheels about an inch off the ground, and that transfers all of the brush hog and FEL arm weight onto the front wheels, increasing traction, and up I go.
Ditto, i learned to do that awhile ago. Actually, i don't notice the wheels digging as much as the PT crawling up onto the mower deck. Same with the plow, except now it's a bit better now with the boggy wheels mounted on the plow, but I'll still crawl up on the plow too.

That's one thing i've noticed between the Robins 22HP engine and the 25HP Kohler. With the Robins, there were some places i couldn't muster enough power to go up, regardless of how much i feathered the peddles. With the extra HP of the Kohler, i can make if up the hill.

/ 425 - model year changes and price check #64  
About the only time I climb over my FEL arms is when I'm using the bucket to scrape something and I'm in float. It's pretty easy to recreate that scenario.

/ 425 - model year changes and price check
Sorry, I stopped getting email notifications when this post was replied to. I did not purchase this one, the lack of hydro fan scared me away.

/ 425 - model year changes and price check #66  
Sorry, I stopped getting email notifications when this post was replied to. I did not purchase this one, the lack of hydro fan scared me away.
There is another one for sale in Pittsburgh

/ 425 - model year changes and price check
There is another one for sale in Pittsburgh
Haha yeah, I am trying to contact the seller of that one. I started another post asking about any potential red flags with that unit.