Loader 400X loader masts

/ 400X loader masts #1  

BeaconWoods

Tractor
JD
I had originally placed this post in the general repair forum. Another user suggested that it belonged here, so I have copied and pasted it in this forum.

Ok, I have searched for this topic all afternoon under both 400 and 300 loaders. Both use the same system. The problem is that, when I raise the bucket off the ground, the masts are so loose that I fear they will pop off the mounts. I have adjusted the adjustment screws so they are very snug. I had not realized that this needed doing. I have done a LOT of loader work with this thing. I fear that operating it loose wore the cast iron masts or the mounts. My 300 CX loader (different tractor) has much less use on it. It was also getting loose. Snugging the adjustment screws took care of the problem on that one. All the posts I have seen here, and the dealer, recommend adjusting the adjustment screws. That helped, but there is still a half inch or so of slop.I have yet to take the loader off and look. I am considering welding up the wear that I suspect I will find. I know that JD sells a shim kit for the quick attach loaders that use a square mount. Anything like that for the round ones?

Maybe I'll get out there tomorrow night and take a couple pics. Thanks.

/ 400X loader masts #2  
Where are the adjustment screws?

Pics?

D.

/ 400X loader masts
The adjustment screws are at the top of the masts. I'll try to get some pics in a day or two. Lots happening here these days.