3PL Rippers

/ 3PL Rippers #11  
I have had great luck with a ripper on my Kubota BX2200. It sometimes takes 4wd to keep it moving, but does a good job of breaking up the ground. You're actually supposed to use it when the ground is dry to have more a shattering effect - helps drainage and allows plant roots to get nutrients from deeper down.

I did it for my vegetable garden in hard, compacted, clay - and my garden was dramatically better producing than my neighbors in the same type of soil. Both gardens were tilled to around 9" deep - but I had used my ripper to break up the ground before tilling. I would recommend it to anyone.

I also plan to use my ripper to break up the ground to run my downspouts away from the house ... trying to avoid bringing out the pick or renting a ditch-witch if I can.

Patrick

/ 3PL Rippers
Well fellas, look what I found in Saturday's paper !!

Seems to work fine, even on our hard ground.

$150 Aust = half price + it came with that steel flywheel for extra weight. Problem is it took 4 blokes to lift it into the ute so I am not sure what to do with it yet. Without the weight I can keep the ripper inside the shed.

With the weight on I'd have to leave it standing in the last ripped trench !

PS - Also came with the pipe laying attachment.

<font color=blue>Neil from OZ.</font color=blue>

Attachments

• 5-75106-Ripper.jpg
    5-75106-Ripper.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 225
   / 3PL Rippers
Here's the flywheel. All 100kg of it I'd say !

Attachments

• 5-75107-RipperWeight.jpg
    5-75107-RipperWeight.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 175
   / 3PL Rippers
Well after a lot of grunting and lifting, I managed to get that weight on the ripper (along with a lot of help from my 3PL lift).

And then even managed to stand the thing up to attach it. But..... the weight is in the road of my top link.

So I have managed to bolt on a timber step to the ripper and a handy friend can jump on and act as the weight.

Pretty safe as I rip in low gear and if he fell off he would be behind the danger area.