3525 or 5525

/ 3525 or 5525 #1  

Amwellls1

Tractor
1957 MF to-35
I am looking to retire my ferguson to35, I am torn between these 2 tractors, the 35 has been plenty of tractor for what I need size wise. Is the 3525 enough or should I step up to the 5525. Any input or advice will be appreciated.

/ 3525 or 5525 #2  
That is an individual decision depending mostly upon your own needs but, for what it is worth, I just made the same decision and went with the 5525. The reason is that the difference in price was less than 2K and, for that amount, there is a very large increase in PTO horsepower from 27 to 44, and you get 4 cylinders rather than 3. In the back of my mind also is the fact that I intend to square bale a hay field in the future. Anyway, best of luck with your decision.

/ 3525 or 5525 #3  
I also recently made that comparison and went with the 5525. It's been too wet, snowy and icy to do much with it yet since I don't live on the land where the tractor is but I would go with the bigger 5525 if possible. Looking at both on the lot there is not much size difference if you are thinking about maneuvering around trees. However there is a substantial difference in HP and I liked the larger front tires for stability when using the loader. I replaced an old Ford 860 and can't wait to really break it in. Good luck.
DB

/ 3525 or 5525 #4  
If the 5525 was available when I was buying, I probably would have went for it instead of the 3525 although I'm very happy with the 3525.

Since the 5525 is a 4 cylinder, I would assume it is quieter than the 3 cylinder. My neighbor's 4 cylinder Kubota is much quieter than my 3525. Anyone compare engine noise between the two?

/ 3525 or 5525
Thanks all, I am leaning toward the 5525, the problem is my dealer does not have one right now and will have to get it shipped in. He has the 3525 on the lot. I am just having a hard time buying sight unseen, I am concerned about the physical size difference between the two. Is there that much difference in height and width?

/ 3525 or 5525
LAWALLSTRACTOR said:
Check the dimensions in the flyer.

I did that, but there is no reference on height or any indication of where the dimensions start and stop from. The dealer was not comfortable with the dimensions in the book for that reason. Also there is a conflict between the width on the web site as opposed to the flyer, from memory is was about 9".

/ 3525 or 5525 #8  
i can't speak for the 5525, but the 3525 is a **** of a tractor for the money.

very good power, lifting and otherwise - for it's size.

but as most folks say - better to have too much power than not enough.
if you are in the middle on these two - go bigger.

but IF the 3525 will do all your forseable future chores - then maybe it's the right one.

good luck -

J

/ 3525 or 5525 #9  
What kind of work will you be doing with the tractor? I'm not one to always say bigger is better without knowing what the tractor will be used for. Sure it may only be 2K dollars more, but 2K$ will buy you a lot of implements.

For some purchasers bigger is better but for others it isn't, just depends on the situation and what your future plans are (if you plan on acquiring more acreage, etc.)

/ 3525 or 5525 #10  
Etch said:
If the 5525 was available when I was buying, I probably would have went for it instead of the 3525 although I'm very happy with the 3525.

Since the 5525 is a 4 cylinder, I would assume it is quieter than the 3 cylinder. My neighbor's 4 cylinder Kubota is much quieter than my 3525. Anyone compare engine noise between the two?
Both the 3525 and the 5525 have direct injection engines, which, by nature, are noisier than indirect injection engines such as the Kubota's and even the Mitsu built Mahindra's.

I've heard both the 5525 and the 3525's, and they both sound similar. Just the nature of a direct injection engine. On the plus side, direct injection engines usually start easier in cold weather than do indirect injection engines, and are usually more fuel efficient as well.