3510i Steering Cylinder Leaking

/ 3510i Steering Cylinder Leaking #1  

cpocobb

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 3510
The steering cylinder on my 350i is leaking (pouring) on the right hand (from the seat) end, and I’m about to replace the seals. I haven’t gotten the seal kit yet - $265+ for o-rings and seals - and I’m wondering if anyone has done this before? There doesn’t appear to be a threaded end on the cylinder, so I’m wondering what keeps the hydraulic pressure from simply pushing everything out the end of the cylinder? My book doesn’t show a breakdown of the cylinder and I can’t find one online, so I’m in the dark as to what to expect.

/ 3510i Steering Cylinder Leaking #2  
I just had my cylinder rebuilt and all the power steering lines replaced including one loader line for 300 even. I think there are c clips on each end that hold metal retainer in place the the seal will slide out.

thumbnail_image0.jpg

/ 3510i Steering Cylinder Leaking #3  
it's hard to see but there is a little clip on the insides. its just a round circle clip. you pull that out then push the cylinder that way and it will come out.
1.jpg

th2 (1).jpg

/ 3510i Steering Cylinder Leaking
Thanks! I don’t have the cylinder off the tractor yet, so I haven’t cleaned it up much. Did a Branson dealer rebuild it, or an independent shop? Just a seal kit from Branson for mine is $$$$. If an independent shop can source the parts from somewhere else, I’ll definitely go that route.

/ 3510i Steering Cylinder Leaking #5  
It was just a local hydraulic shop. Most of them should be able to do it though.

/ 3510i Steering Cylinder Leaking #6  
Make sure its a good hyd shop, I got burned on our rebuild by some so called expert:mad: