3320 3 point hitch

/ 3320 3 point hitch #1  

jd670

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 - gator cx - JD 425
My 3 point hitch just started, or I just noticed it, dropping about an inch then raising back up on its own. It only does it with an attachment on. You can rear the pump building pressure or hissing then it drops and raises back up. I remember other members having this issue on other 3000twenty series tractors. I can't seem to find the thread on it or what the repair detailed. Anyone have any ideas or answers...Thanks.

/ 3320 3 point hitch #2  
It's possible the rockshaft piston seal is leaking causing the hiccup affect.

/ 3320 3 point hitch #3  
It's possible the rockshaft piston seal is leaking causing the hiccup affect.

I agree 100%. I almost bought a JD 4400 that had that same exact issue. I stopped in and talked to the dealer it came from on my way back home since they knew the machine's history and the owner of it pretty well. That is exactly what they told me was wrong with it.

/ 3320 3 point hitch
Thanks guys. Anyone have an idea of how hard the seal is to replace or a diagram?

/ 3320 3 point hitch #5  
Same issue with my ballast hanging. It's more obvious idling.

/ 3320 3 point hitch #6  
It's also possible the RS control is no totally returning to neutral with 3 pt height is reached.
1 ea M136632 O-Ring ADD 2.25 USD
1 ea M136631 Seal ADD 35.43 USD
2 ea Z62523 O-Ring ADD 1.03 USD 2.06 USD

Attachments

• MP40152________UN06SEP07.gif
    MP40152________UN06SEP07.gif
    32.9 KB · Views: 377
   / 3320 3 point hitch
Hi Guys. I've been away for awhile. I'm now getting the farm back up and running. I never addressed this issue on my 3320. Has anyone fixed the dropping issue?

/ 3320 3 point hitch #8  
jd670
Have you tried adjusting the control linkage that kicks the valve into neutral at the top of the lift? Sounds to me what needs to happen before replacing seals.

/ 3320 3 point hitch
i'll check that out today. I want to say that their may have been a recall on the 3000Twenty series for this issue. It's been such a long time ago and my original dealer has changed hands three times. From Bowen to Limestone to (can't remember the third one) now it's Wright Implement.

/ 3320 3 point hitch #10  
jd670
Have you tried adjusting the control linkage that kicks the valve into neutral at the top of the lift? Sounds to me what needs to happen before replacing seals.
I agree with beenthere. I'm not familiar with the 3320 layout but my 4400 was doing as well. With mine there was piece linkage you could follow up from the lift arms in back that had a threaded rod with a couple jam nuts on it. The had gotten loose over the years and was causing the porpoising effect. Essentially it would lift to position then drift down then go right back up again. Just had to tighten it a little bit and the effect went away.

As others said, if that doesn't correct then it is most likely the piston. You could also try adjusting the flow rate valve under the seat to help at least minimize the effect until you can get it sorted out.