3 Point Not working 7305 Cub

/ 3 Point Not working 7305 Cub #1  

brokenknee

Platinum Member
Was having trouble with my three point not going all the way down, this spring it stopped working all together. With winter coming on finally brought it to a repair shop about three weeks ago. He is not a Cub dealer, just an independent guy that works out of a shop.

I got the tractor back yesterday, when I asked what the problem was he said an allen screw had started to back out of the valve. This valve is inside the three point, He said he missed it the first time and had to open the three point case again. He said the first time he checked it with air and all seamed good, so he put it back together only to find it did not work.

Total cost for the repair and to have hydraulic fluid and filters changed was $508 and change. He did not charge me for having to go back in the second time as he said he should have caught it the first.

Just posting to give others an idea were to look if they have a similar problem and to give Ed at Fossten Ag repair kudos for staying with the problem.

/ 3 Point Not working 7305 Cub #2  
Resurrecting this for ease of future searching

I have a 1999 Cub Cadet 7305, hydrostatic drive, 4WD, located in north central Massachusetts.

At the end of my first plowing pass on during last storm the 3 point hitch (with back blade I was using to plow) went down and stayed down. I unhooked and finished plowing with the front end loader but sadly the 3 point hitch is still out of commission. The raise/lower lever has no effect and I hear no sounds coming from the hitch when I move the lever.

I took a look at it today - here’s what I found.

* Raise/lower lever is connected and linkage is moving correctly. It rotates the valve that goes into the hitch housing.
* Hydraulic fluid is clean and correct level
* Hydrostatic transmission working well
* Rear PTO (located right below hitch) is operating correctly
* Front end loader is operating correctly
* Hitch flow control/speed knob is fully open
* All hose connections are clean and connected firmly
* No leaks

Is there anything else to try short of cracking open the internals? Failing that, is there anyone local to north central MA (preferably mobile/come to the house) you’ve used and could recommend?

Thanks!

Chris

/ 3 Point Not working 7305 Cub #3  
Good morning,

I am experiencing the very same problem as the orginal poster. 3 point is stuck in the down position and will not raise. No noises coming from hydraulic system, contol lever between your legs can be left, right or in between, it has no effect on the inoperable 3 point. Short of tearing out the seat, fuel tank, and fenders to remove the valve bank, any ideas from all of you out there to troubleshoot this problem? All linkage is working as it should, 3 point just stopped working without any other symptoms.

/ 3 Point Not working 7305 Cub #4  
Good morning,

I am experiencing the very same problem as the orginal poster. 3 point is stuck in the down position and will not raise. No noises coming from hydraulic system, contol lever between your legs can be left, right or in between, it has no effect on the inoperable 3 point. Short of tearing out the seat, fuel tank, and fenders to remove the valve bank, any ideas from all of you out there to troubleshoot this problem? All linkage is working as it should, 3 point just stopped working without any other symptoms.

On mine it turned out to be a small linkage in left side of 3PH unit. It popped off its post. Popped back on as temp fix but had to replace linkage in the end

/ 3 Point Not working 7305 Cub #5  
Thanks, all linkage is connected. i have looked for the obvious already.

/ 3 Point Not working 7305 Cub #6  
I would start at the hydraulic manifold block on the frame below engine,by hooking gauge to it you can see if you have pressure from pump and start to learn the hydraulics and the danger of 2100lbs of oil pressure.Without a manifold block you could end up tearing tractor down to the control valve inside transmission and do more damage than good,they are precision machined to control the high pressure hydraulics.

/ 3 Point Not working 7305 Cub #7  
I also have a 7305 Cub Cadet that the 3 point stopped working while I was plowing snow. Initially I thought the linkage was fine, based on a quick visual inspection. I could lift the arms myself and they would lower with no resistance, and the loader bucket and PTO worked fine. I ended up pulling the seat and seat pan, and the shrouds that the levers pass through on each side of the seat. Here I could observe the linkage problem I was experiencing. The part number is MA-19642453AG0. The pin that connects the piece on the shaft to the 2-3 inch flat metal piece had sheared internally. Visually it was really not obvious at all until I watched the linkage actuate while moving the lever up and down. The price on that part is almost $200 which seems ridiculous to me so I plan to drill out and weld in a new pin. Hopefully that will work. See #18 in attached screenshot. Hopefully this helps someone!
Screenshot 2020-02-09 at 11.43.52 AM.png

/ 3 Point Not working 7305 Cub #8  
Ooh, ooh, ooh, Mr. kotter, Mr. kotter, I got an answer......../end Horseshacks accent

Let me find the thread I started last summer about what sounds/looks like my solution to the same event your experiencing @lmoerer

/ 3 Point Not working 7305 Cub #9  
I also have a 7305 Cub Cadet that the 3 point stopped working while I was plowing snow. Initially I thought the linkage was fine, based on a quick visual inspection. I could lift the arms myself and they would lower with no resistance, and the loader bucket and PTO worked fine. I ended up pulling the seat and seat pan, and the shrouds that the levers pass through on each side of the seat. Here I could observe the linkage problem I was experiencing. The part number is MA-19642453AG0. The pin that connects the piece on the shaft to the 2-3 inch flat metal piece had sheared internally. Visually it was really not obvious at all until I watched the linkage actuate while moving the lever up and down. The price on that part is almost $200 which seems ridiculous to me so I plan to drill out and weld in a new pin. Hopefully that will work. See #18 in attached screenshot. Hopefully this helps someone!
View attachment 640813

Here's my link and the pics are on post #19

/ 3 Point Not working 7305 Cub #10  
Here's my link and the pics are on post #19

I'm not seeing a link, and I am definitely curious about what your findings were! Thank you for the follow up!