3 point log splitter for tractor.

/ 3 point log splitter for tractor. #21  
I would have left that right where it dropped and not given it another thought.
It's 20, so it has very good flow for decent speed. It has been great, even for big crotches like this,

IMG-1465-S.jpg

SR
How does it do where it’s constant flow vs two stage pump? Once it rams into the wood? Wondered if the constant speed that something might break.

/ 3 point log splitter for tractor. #22  
Yes, in the very center.
Nice. I’m currently in Spain for work. I went to tui and walked over go Portugal Sunday near valenca, before I had to catch the train back north. Your English is really good. Most people speak little or no English here in northern Spain. How did you learn English so well? Lots of farming here. Much more then where I’m from.

Last edited:
   / 3 point log splitter for tractor. #23  
Nice. I’m currently in Spain for work. I went to tui and walked over go Portugal before I had to catch the train back north. Hour English is really good. Most people speak little or no English here in northern Spain. How did you learn English so well? Lots of farming here. Much more then where I’m from.
That's cool. I hope you enjoy your time on this side of the pond. It's been a little bit on the hot side.

Yeah, the Spanish people won't put much effort on trying to speak other languages or even make it easier for foreign people, specially for their Portuguese neighbors. On the other hand, if you come to Portugal, most people will go above and beyond to help you out as they try to speak as much English as they can. Even the older people that don't speak much English at all, they figure out a way to communicate with you, either with gestures or by calling family members who can speak English.

We get to learn English as part of our education, because, let's face it, English is pretty much everywhere. In school, we basically learn Portuguese and English pretty much as standard and get to choose between Spanish and French as third language, although they may offer more options now. Of course a big part comes from watching movies, listen to music, etc.

/ 3 point log splitter for tractor. #24  
How does it do where it’s constant flow vs two stage pump? Once it rams into the wood? Wondered if the constant speed that something might break.
It goes into wood at the same speed as any other splitter with a decent flow, except it doesn't kick down, slow down to the second stage, it just keeps pushing at a steady speed and go through the wood. The 4 way wedge is a great design, so there's no problem with flying pieces of wood either.

It does take more hp to operate a pump without the kickdown speed, but I mostly run it on a 30hp Deutz and it just purrs along at 1200 RPM, with plenty of power, slooowly sipping diesel fuel.

My wife was instrumental in me buying it, and she was right! She loves to run it too.

IMG-1069-S.jpg

SR

/ 3 point log splitter for tractor. #25  
That's cool. I hope you enjoy your time on this side of the pond. It's been a little bit on the hot side.

Yeah, the Spanish people won't put much effort on trying to speak other languages or even make it easier for foreign people, specially for their Portuguese neighbors. On the other hand, if you come to Portugal, most people will go above and beyond to help you out as they try to speak as much English as they can. Even the older people that don't speak much English at all, they figure out a way to communicate with you, either with gestures or by calling family members who can speak English.

We get to learn English as part of our education, because, let's face it, English is pretty much everywhere. In school, we basically learn Portuguese and English pretty much as standard and get to choose between Spanish and French as third language, although they may offer more options now. Of course a big part comes from watching movies, listen to music, etc.
I suppose, I am in their country so I do try to speak Spanish if I can. Using a translator app etc. but sometimes it doesn’t seem to work. I’ll only get sundays off and it’s pretty distant to get into Portugal from here but I’d like to cross to velenca again for a few hours, maybe next Sunday. I try to speak Spanish as there are more Spanish then English. And I’m in their country. But it is difficult as it’s spoken very fast. I sometimes read it. But it’s fast when listening. I’ll try Portuguese if I cross to your country again. Love all the gardens you have there when I walked across Sunday.

/ 3 point log splitter for tractor. #26  
We are spoiled in North America. We assume most places will know a little English so we never learn other languages. Where as Europeans learn several languages

/ 3 point log splitter for tractor. #27  
I suppose, I am in their country so I do try to speak Spanish if I can. Using a translator app etc. but sometimes it doesn’t seem to work. I’ll only get sundays off and it’s pretty distant to get into Portugal from here but I’d like to cross to velenca again for a few hours, maybe next Sunday. I try to speak Spanish as there are more Spanish then English. And I’m in their country. But it is difficult as it’s spoken very fast. I sometimes read it. But it’s fast when listening. I’ll try Portuguese if I cross to your country again. Love all the gardens you have there when I walked across Sunday.

I think the same way. If I go to someone's else country, I try to speak their language but then again, not always possible. This is where there are noticeable differences between the two countries.

The public gardens are indeed beautiful and they are very proud of them. The local cuisine is also very nice. You'll probably see a lot of tractors, depending on the day of the week, on the road just constantly moving from one place to another. It's hay season now, so they're probably just moving bales.

Oh a little tip, I'm not sure if you have a vehicle or not, but if you happen to need fuel, in Spain is a lot cheaper than Portugal, like 20 to 30 cents per liter difference.

/ 3 point log splitter for tractor. #28  
We are spoiled in North America. We assume most places will know a little English so we never learn other languages. Where as Europeans learn several languages
Everyone understands English, as long as you speak it loud and slow enough. ;)

/ 3 point log splitter for tractor. #29  
Everyone understands English, as long as you speak it loud and slow enough. ;)
And don't be surprised by the pronunciation. Even after 14 years in Canada, my kids still give me some looks sometimes. "Dad, you sound weird". I just live with it.