3-Point Hitch 3 point hitch

/ 3 point hitch #1  

hagdave

Tractor
Yanmar 2500
2014 3038e my three point hitch goes up and down but it's seems like it's all the way either up or down. Don't seem to be able to control speed up or down. Any and all info would be appreciated. Another way to put it if I wanted to raise the hitch up one third I can't keep it there. It's all the way up or all the way down nothing in between.

/ 3 point hitch #2  
The controls for most 3 points are position sensitive only. They are raised to the position you place the handle at the full speed of whatever the current hydraulic flow is. They go down with no pressure other than gravity and the weight of any attached implement.

If you pull the control all the way back, it should lift all the way. If you do it at high RPM, such as PTO RPM, it will lift very quickly, if you do it at idle, it will lift slower.

When you push the control all the way forward, it should drop all the way. If there is very little weight on the 3 point, it will drop slowly, if there is a lot of weight it will drop fast. Generally most tractors have a knob under the front of operator's seat down near the floor that will control the rate it drops so you're not dropping expensive implements down hard. This is something you adjust each time you hook an implement up since all implements have different weights. It may be placed elsewhere on your tractor, but you will have a knob someplace that controls how fast it will drop with a given load on it.

If you move the control someplace between full up and full down, the 3 point should move someplace between full up and full down also. If you push it forward a tiny amount, it should drop a tiny amount. If you pull back a tiny amount, it should raise a tiny amount.

If tiny movements of the lever don't translate into tiny movements of the 3 point, then you're looking at a repair of some sort.

/ 3 point hitch #3  
2014 3038e my three point hitch goes up and down but it's seems like it's all the way either up or down. Don't seem to be able to control speed up or down. Any and all info would be appreciated. Another way to put it if I wanted to raise the hitch up one third I can't keep it there. It's all the way up or all the way down nothing in between.

Sounds like a problem with the feedback control linkage connection to your hitch. Position control not working or out of adjustment. Usually this is not real complex, you have a rod that turns with the hitch that connects to the valve and a rod that connects to your position control lever. These two rods work together to operate the valve.