Ballast 2x2x2 concrete weight box

/ 2x2x2 concrete weight box #41  
You still cant use them in the extended position they need to be snapped back in for extended use especially with a large load. When ever I extend mine to hook something up I always back up first to make sure they snap back in the locked position before I use the attachment.

/ 2x2x2 concrete weight box
SYSOP
Yes this is what he has so it is new lift arms not something added to existing arms right?

Jabelding
I did not ever intend to "lift" with the arms I described. I merely meant that with the arm gadgets on the guy on the tractor could get to within a few inches then more easily make the connection. This would be very helpful when dealing with a block weighing 1200# and not being able to " wiggle" the block for a better connection. Like I do with my cord wood saw, wood chipper, 2 bottom plow ect...

/ 2x2x2 concrete weight box #43  
Sorry misread your post, they do help greatly hooking up, I use them all the time on mine. Where I used to have to use a bar or maul to bang things around on my old tractor, now its a piece of cake.

Last edited:
   / 2x2x2 concrete weight box #44  
Yep, they make hooking up so easy the average man can make a hookup look as slick and simple as the old Ford adverts.

So telescoping lift arms...
is this something that can be added to my lift arms ? or are they an entirely new set of lift arms?? Either way my nearest Kubota dealer is a little high on their prices I think is there a better / best way to buy some if I choose to? Thanks I will check in again later today.

/ 2x2x2 concrete weight box #46  
Yes, you have to get an entire new set of lift arms. I wish I had them on my 19 year old L4200. Had them on my previous J.D. What Kubota or J.D. dealer isn't high priced! Parts should be cheaper, no assembly required on the manufacturer or the dealers part. :confused3:

/ 2x2x2 concrete weight box #47  
Something I'm really glad I did was make it Quick Hitch compatible. That's the best answer for super easy hook-ups.

/ 2x2x2 concrete weight box #48  
So telescoping lift arms...
is this something that can be added to my lift arms ? or are they an entirely new set of lift arms?? Either way my nearest Kubota dealer is a little high on their prices I think is there a better / best way to buy some if I choose to? Thanks I will check in again later today.

I'm not aware of an add on telescopic lift arm attachment. I got a price from my dealer of $480 each for the telescopic replacement arms. He's known to be pricey though and you may do better elsewhere. The next best option is the <$200 Pat's system. It adds about 4" to the length of the lift arm though and may require a longer top link for some implements. I've used both and much prefer the telescopic arms.

I have looked at the "Quick hitch" link but unless I am mistaken it just allows you to hook up to the gadget easier but it does not help you reach back maybe 1 inch more on one side or the other if need be.
That is what I was thinking about,.. being able to reach back 1 or 2 inches when need be instead of trying to move the 1200 pound block forward 1 or 2 inches is what I was looking for.
The telescoping arms are the way to go but to pricy for me. Thank you though.

/ 2x2x2 concrete weight box #50  
...The telescoping arms are the way to go but to pricy for me. Thank you though.
Just to let you know that telescoping arms allows you to make the ball ends movable to hook implements up but the first thing you have to do is slide them back into the locked position. They are not strong enough when not locked up close.

Your draw bar is too far back, in the middle. Something that helps ballast work better for you is to move it farther away from your tractor! You have it tucked in too close. :2cents:

Your box should look like:

View attachment 507238

Last edited: