2816 for logging

/ 2816 for logging #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
Not much else can beat up a tractor more than logging in the dense woods of New England. I 'd like to know if anyone uses this size Mahindra ( 2615 same tractor?) to skid their firewood in or the like as I think it is a good size for the woods. Questions come to mind such as ground clearance, things hanging low on the tractor that can get wiped away or bent by meeting the stems of underbrush. Plastic parts that might break etc. such as fenders. I've used my 85 JD 750 in this fashion for many years. Very few parts left for it so it is quickly becoming an outdated relic. My closest dealer is a Mahindra one so if this tractor can hold up to this kind of work as my 750 has, I'd consider buying one.

/ 2816 for logging #2  
Their are some hoses under the front area but you could protect them with a little work and the front axle doesn't have any linkage that could be bent from hitting a stump, not like another company. From the pictures that I've seen it look's like all the fenders are metal, can't tell about the hood. The only thing it might be wider than the 750 which might be an issue.

/ 2816 for logging #3  
Get the tractor with ag tires, and the 2816 will do as well or better than any other similar sized tractor, and yes, the fenders are all metal. The tractor is buildt by Mitsubishi in Japan for Mahindra and I can not say enough for the reliability of the Mitsubishi made Mahindra's.
Good luck and take care.

/ 2816 for logging
Would love to see some pics of anyone's Mahindra in the woods.

Mr. LaWall, I cannot find any pics with this tractor w/ags on. The 3015 states it has 12.4's out back but the 2816 calls for 11.2's. Is this the same body or is it more of an issue with the loader that the 12.4's are not offered on the 2816? Thanks

/ 2816 for logging #5  
I use my 2015 up here in the Berkshires and to be honest it does a fantastic job. I couldn't begin to count the cords of firewood that tractor has processed for me.

/ 2816 for logging #6  
I would like to see some pics too!!

I really have been impressed with my 2816 so far. It was alot stronger than I anticipated. I highly recommend getting the tires filled. It will pull much harder.

As far as undercarriage, its fairly clean. I havent hurt anything on mine and I've ran over alot of junk while clearing our land.

There is a fellow on this forum that has a 2816 with ags and has posted some pics. Just do a search for Mahindra 2816 and you should find it.

/ 2816 for logging #7  
Do a search for " 2816 our story", this fellow got ag tires. Only 2816 I've ever seen with them.

/ 2816 for logging #8  
The ag tires increase the ground clearance which helps a lot in the woods.

/ 2816 for logging
Do a search for " 2816 our story", this fellow got ag tires. Only 2816 I've ever seen with them.

Thanks DH I will. That's all I've seen them with is industrials. Didn't even know they came with ags if it weren't for the option on the Mahindra site.

Well I just came back from the recommended site. think I answered my own question about the larger tire size (12.4's) The 11.2's look they just about fit. They should still lug better than my 9.5's on the jd 750. My tractor with fel and filled tires comes in at about
3000Lbs or just shy of. Anybody know what the total weight of the 2816 would be with the same?

/ 2816 for logging #10  
This is my guess on my 2816's weight.

Tractor :2,300
FEL : 500
Tires Loaded : 500
Total : 3,300

I almost always have the box blade or bush hog attached, diesel, oil, me (215lbs) I just say 4,000 lbs for good measure. Mine has industrial tires. I think they might hold a bit more water.