2655 HST Pump gone bad, no help from Mahindra

/ 2655 HST Pump gone bad, no help from Mahindra #1  

Grim Reaper

Tractor
Mahindra 2655 HST
My 2655 went into the shop in November leaking yellow fluid. The dealer determined that the HST pump was failing. The tractor is still under warranty so it shouldn't be a big deal. Mahindra didn’t have any pumps in stock but told the dealer they could ship one in late January! Today the dealer called me and said that the new ship date is late March! I don't have a backup and work is piling up. I called Mahindra customer service and spoke to Yolanda and she said that she can't help me. Thanks Yolanda! Anyone ever have a similar experience? Any suggestions? I'm in a bad place.
Thanks!
Grim Reaper

/ 2655 HST Pump gone bad, no help from Mahindra #2  
The component manufacturer that makes those HST pumps has been behind for ~2 years now. Like, 13 months+ worth of backorders. I'm sure Yolanda was telling you the truth: there's nothing they can do because the parts just aren't available. It's not unique to Mahindra. People have been running into that issue with lots of tractor manufacturers the past couple of years.

/ 2655 HST Pump gone bad, no help from Mahindra #3  
Any chance you can get the original pump rebuilt as a temporary measure? It may cost you a few bucks but it'll get you out of a bind

/ 2655 HST Pump gone bad, no help from Mahindra #4  

My 2655 went into the shop in November leaking yellow fluid. The dealer determined that the HST pump was failing. The tractor is still under warranty so it shouldn't be a big deal. Mahindra didn’t have any pumps in stock but told the dealer they could ship one in late January! Today the dealer called me and said that the new ship date is late March! I don't have a backup and work is piling up. I called Mahindra customer service and spoke to Yolanda and she said that she can't help me. Thanks Yolanda! Anyone ever have a similar experience? Any suggestions? I'm in a bad place.
Thanks!
Grim Reaper
I feel your pain GR! About 10 posts below yours you can see my similar Frustrating 4 month search to replace my same failed pump on my 2538. I wish you luck in your search.

/ 2655 HST Pump gone bad, no help from Mahindra
The component manufacturer that makes those HST pumps has been behind for ~2 years now. Like, 13 months+ worth of backorders. I'm sure Yolanda was telling you the truth: there's nothing they can do because the parts just aren't available. It's not unique to Mahindra. People have been running into that issue with lots of tractor manufacturers the past couple of years.
Thank you for the insight. I thought Mahindra might have been able to do several things to keep a customer happy:
1) Since Mahindra is still building these tractors, pull a pump from the manufacturing line.
2) Contact the pump manufacturer to get me a valid date for when I can expect to receive the part.
3) Extend the end date of my warranty since I'm not logging hours on the tractor.

I appreciate the situation that they may be in, but I'm disappointed in how willing they are to let me twist in the wind without exercising a little creativity.

Any chance you can get the original pump rebuilt as a temporary measure? It may cost you a few bucks but it'll get you out of a bind
Great idea, but I wouldn't have any idea where to find someone to do that.

/ 2655 HST Pump gone bad, no help from Mahindra #7  
Thank you for the insight. I thought Mahindra might have been able to do several things to keep a customer happy:
1) Since Mahindra is still building these tractors, pull a pump from the manufacturing line.
2) Contact the pump manufacturer to get me a valid date for when I can expect to receive the part.
3) Extend the end date of my warranty since I'm not logging hours on the tractor.

I appreciate the situation that they may be in, but I'm disappointed in how willing they are to let me twist in the wind without exercising a little creativity.
1) While it sounds easy, it is not. Especially in the global manufacturing realm.
2) Same as 1.
3) This can and should be done.

Dealer also has some actions he could take such as either loaning you or renting at a discounted rate a used tractor off his lot to allow you to at least make some progress on your work.

/ 2655 HST Pump gone bad, no help from Mahindra #8  
From what I 'understood', from my dealer, is that he used a buyer located in India to source the pump.....that was manufactured in Korea. 4 months later it arrived!

From what I 'understood', from my dealer, is that he used a buyer located in India to source the pump.....that was manufactured in Korea. 4 months later it arrived!
I admire the creative thinking that went into this solution. Given that it's a $10,000 part, I wonder how it would be covered by the warranty.

/ 2655 HST Pump gone bad, no help from Mahindra #10  
1) While it sounds easy, it is not. Especially in the global manufacturing realm.
2) Same as 1.
3) This can and should be done.

Dealer also has some actions he could take such as either loaning you or renting at a discounted rate a used tractor off his lot to allow you to at least make some progress on your work.
Pull a pump off a new tractor.