2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed #11  
Electric driven pump? How would that work?
Evidently, not real well. I did some more research and discovered the hydraulic pump is indeed, gear driven.

I didn't say it was a good idea...(lol)

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed #12  
Evidently, not real well. I did some more research and discovered the hydraulic pump is indeed, gear driven.

I didn't say it was a good idea...(lol)
Sorry, I just had to ask. I still wonder where you came up with that.

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed #13  
Sorry, I just had to ask. I still wonder where you came up with that.
I've seen a lot of various pumps that were electric driven. Thought why not a hydraulic pump? Never really looked at the 2538 hydraulic pump that close cause I never had any trouble with it.

Maybe I'll have to invent one.

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed
Thanks for the replies, it's now in the hands of a Machine Shop that I have done business with before...🤞

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed #15  
Thanks for the replies, it's now in the hands of a Machine Shop that I have done business with before...🤞
Thanks for posting about this. What happened to the pump? Do you have pictures?

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed
Thanks for posting about this. What happened to the pump? Do you have pictures?
Sorry, didn't take any pics....the teeth on the pump look like a hammer and chisel was used on them. It seems it just" S the bed." Amazingly the inner gear mates with it fine...no damage on it. Mechanic said that it is made that way to sacrifice the pump teeth instead of the inner engine ones..... they got that right! [BYW.. this 2538 has approx. 900 hrs. on her]

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed #17  
I've seen a lot of various pumps that were electric driven. Thought why not a hydraulic pump? Never really looked at the 2538 hydraulic pump that close cause I never had any trouble with it.

Maybe I'll have to invent one.
there is a formula for it but 10gpm at 2500psi is some where north of 10hp (14.5 hp i looked it up) so that would be a heck of a electric motor. hp == psi X gpm /1714.

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed #18  
I know they use different engines but did you cross reference with TYM since that is who makes the 2538?
Perhaps the housing and bolt pattern are the same....

Last edited:
   / 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed #19  
I know they use different engines but did you cross reference with TYM since that is who makes the 2538?
Perhaps the housing and bolt pattern are the same....
Great idea, but I looked it up on TYM's site and the TYM pumps are split and on the port side while the Mahindra is starboard and the two pumps are in series.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220717-202615_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20220717-202615_Samsung Notes.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 97
   / 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed #20  
I am going to tell you something that is not going to make you happy.
I work at a Mahindra dealership and parts have been murder to get as well as tractors themselves.
The 2500/2600 series Mahindra's are some of my favorite tractors Mahindra puts their name to.
Currently, TYM hates Mahindra and Mahindra hates TYM. They are dissolving their relationship and Mahindra has gone into a joint venture with Mitsubishi to build a new plant in India to produce what will be called the K series tractor.
I will chk at work to see if we have an extra pump for the op. I am not hopeful.

Last edited: