2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed #1  

CDBUG

Tractor
Mahindra 2538
Hello all, new member in the State o' Maine.....my issue with my Mahindra 2538 is the main hydraulic pump [#12625103100] has failed. The Dealer does not stock one and after many searches by them and me it seems nowhere to be found. Any direction or help finding one would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks, Chris

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed
Thank you, it does list as in stock there, but when we contacted them they NO HAVE!

Yup! Wicked Bummer in the Summer!

Can a competent Machine Shop retool these pumps? The Dealer didn't think that was the way to go but with no new pumps available......?

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed #7  
I'm no expert, but IIRC that pump is an elec driven pump, not a gear driven pump (I could be wrong). If it is elec, seems like you could buy a NON-OEM pump, fabricate a bracket to mount it, and you're back in business.

I did that with the hydraulic control valve for my 2538 and it works fine.

Good luck on your search!

Yes duffer thanks, one issue is it's sitting in the dealers shop, I'd have to sell that idea to him but with no availability of stock ones that may be the only way.

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed #9  
I'm no expert, but IIRC that pump is an elec driven pump, not a gear driven pump (I could be wrong). If it is elec, seems like you could buy a NON-OEM pump, fabricate a bracket to mount it, and you're back in business.

I did that with the hydraulic control valve for my 2538 and it works fine.

Good luck on your search!
Electric driven pump? How would that work?

/ 2538 Main Hydraulic Pump failed #10  
CD
To attempt to replace your existing pump you would need to know the following information.
Mounting pilot diameter and bolt pattern.
Shaft style: diameter and number of teeth on spline or keyway size.
Displacement typically stated in cc/rev.
Direction of rotation
Port style and sizes

With this information you could look for options with knowledge that port sizes and locations could be different. Mounting face, shaft must be the same.