2440 Pressure line leak

/ 2440 Pressure line leak #1  

tallman8251

Tractor
JD 2440
So I have a leak where two pipes go in the transmission housing on the right side next to brake valve.

Leak1.jpg
Leak.jpg

Are these the pressure lines?

If I remove them from the way it looks all the Hyd will come out of the transmission, is this correct? :(

I was looking at manual and parts on JD website, having trouble trying to figure out what is needed to fix the leak, and I dont see anything about that bolt in between the pipes. I assume the two pipes in question are the ones with red arrows.
Thanks in advance

pipes.JPG

/ 2440 Pressure line leak #2  
   / 2440 Pressure line leak
Thanks Jim I am going to open it up this weekend and see what happens, maybe try to drain Oil first as it is fresh....

/ 2440 Pressure line leak #4  
That bolt and plate clamps those two pipes to their seats. An o-ring and a quadseal seals the oil from leaking.

/ 2440 Pressure line leak #6  
On my JD 2030, it uses a "washer" that looks like rubber washer, square edges, not an O-ring or quad seal.
Mine are leaking too. Last split I forgot to buy new replacements and in a hurry reused the old ones. They are now starting to leak. LMK how the replacement goes on your tractor.
I am guessing the pressure line will not lose much oil when taken apart. The return is the one I think will drain the sump?

/ 2440 Pressure line leak #7  
I did a clutch on a couple, dont think we drained all the fluid, some of them are tapered and dont even have a seal.

Hey folks, so I finally got a chance to work on this issue. I got everything back together but wanted to verify if the check valve / main pump inlet line is the outboard line / Right Side or inboard....The manual shows it as being outboard / right side, but the way my pipes are lining up it seems to fit better inboard... I dont know if the oil would have drained out as I drained it to just be safe.......

Thanks Again!

line.jpg

Last edited:
   / 2440 Pressure line leak #9  
2440 parts catalog shows check valve location inboard of line retainer capscrew

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-19 053501.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-19 053501.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 91
2440 parts catalog shows check valve location inboard of line retainer capscrew
Thanks Jim:

So when looking at the JD website there are two different parts blowups for my 2440.
How do I know which one to look at?

HYDRAULIC PUMP OIL INLET AND PRESSURE LINES 39 CM3 (2.4 IN3) [02C12] - 70-32e

HYDRAULIC PUMP OIL INLET LINES 23 CM3 (1.38 IN3) [02C10] - 70-30