2305 light problems

/ 2305 light problems #1  

mechanic nick

Tractor
joh deere 2305
My battery failed, I was able to jump start it. Since then my lights will not work. I checked the head light switch and it powers the fuses. Fuses are good. I read a post about failed diodes for the directional lights and flashers. Is there a diode used for the head lights also? Thanks Nick

/ 2305 light problems #3  
Here's the schematic:
JD 2305 Electrical Schematic.JPGJD 2305 Electrical Schematic-1.JPG

Schematic-1.JPG (Right one) is for the lights.

Last edited:
   / 2305 light problems
Remember to check the obvious first. Although all the bulbs being burned out may not be obvious, that's what I found. I read about the diode problems and thought maybe that was the cause. After looking at the wiring diagram and found no diodes for the headlights I decided to look at the head light bulbs. they didn't look bad but I checked them with an ohm meter and found them both open. Replaced them both and that took care of headlights. Then I want to the rear lights and every bulb was burned out there too. Only thing that doesn't work are the directional lights. And I have never used them. I/ll look into that when the snow stops falling. We are about to set the record for Fort Wayne, In we have 60 inches so far. Thanks fore the help Mick

/ 2305 light problems #5  
I have a JD 2305 (2010 model year) would like to add a couple of lights to my ROPs to see better at night when using my loader, I found a couple of extra connectors under the rear covering coming from the same area where the turn signal/tail lights plug into. I figured they were for the optional work lights that were offered I believe when the tractors were new. Has anyone run extra lights to the ROPS and used these plugs? there seems to be no currant to them at the rear and just wondered if they are disconnected under the dash or what would be a good way to wire the extra lights ? Thanks
Gary

/ 2305 light problems #6  
If you look at post #3 and click the right side diagram, then look a the upper right side of the diagram, you will see a connector labeled X20. That connector leads right back to a fuse.

What we don't know is the wiring diagram for you tractor the same as the older one that the OP posted.

Maybe someone with the newer wiring diagram can jump in here.

After reviewing the diagram again, please note the the switch must be in the "work" position for power to be applied to the circuit.

Richard

/ 2305 light problems #7  
Has anyone run extra lights to the ROPS and used these plugs? there seems to be no currant to them at the rear and just wondered if they are disconnected under the dash or what would be a good way to wire the extra lights ?

Plug a 12v light into these connectors and check out what is there.. can play with it and see what/when it works of not.