2023 Mule Pro MX EPS?

/ 2023 Mule Pro MX EPS? #11  
Yeah we wanted a 3 seater so we could hit local trails. The 3 of us fit but if DNR stops us with only 2 seatbelts....that would be a good size ticket

Unfortunately, when we picked this up, no fx models available and no time frame on when they would have 1

/ 2023 Mule Pro MX EPS?
I was also wondering, are these Mule pro mx's loud or pretty quiet?

I have a chance at a Kubota x900 Diesel. It looks good but it could be louder than I would like for crusing around.

/ 2023 Mule Pro MX EPS? #13  
Our 2022 mx pro is pretty quiet. We also have one of those Chinese Coleman sxs and it's much louder

/ 2023 Mule Pro MX EPS? #14  
Our 2022 mx pro is pretty quiet. We also have one of those Chinese Coleman sxs and it's much louder
What do you think of the Coleman? They look pretty good for the price, but I can't find anyone with actual experience with them.

/ 2023 Mule Pro MX EPS? #15  
What do you think of the Coleman? They look pretty good for the price, but I can't find anyone with actual experience with them.
I’ve seen them for sale at TSC, but don’t know anyone who actually owns one. They have a lot of features for the price, but I would want to know more about parts availability.

/ 2023 Mule Pro MX EPS? #16  
We have the 400cc model
Parts are getting impossible to find. When you do they are expensive. On my old phone I have a link for a distributor to get parts. They seem to be only getting parts for the 700's and larger.

It lasted us about 8 years on the hunting property, now the brakes are gone and after about a mile the rear axle locks up.

/ 2023 Mule Pro MX EPS? #17  
Engine and transmission wise, no problems. It would go about 38-40mph. If it had a low gear, it would be a tank. Loved going through snow. Snow could be up to the bumper and it would just keep going.

Not sure what's up with the brakes. Think master cylinder. For the rear axle, first time it smoked and seized up, I pulled it (real easy to do) and found the nut for the pinion loosened up. Of course no break down for parts and go figure, no numbers on bearings. Could have taken the bearings to be matched up but we decided to just upgrade.

We got our monies worth out of it. Now it's at my dad's and he just puts around with it for lawn work

Oh and the bed is alot bigger on the Coleman than the mule. I could fit 2 deer in the Coleman

Last edited:
   / 2023 Mule Pro MX EPS? #18  
Bought a Kubota RTV 520 because of safety and durability aspects of its VHT (hydrostatic) drive. Less expensive than a Gator but more than many of the other machines.

/ 2023 Mule Pro MX EPS? #19  
I was also wondering, are these Mule pro mx's loud or pretty quiet?

I'd say pretty quiet. Definitely quieter than my Pioneer 520, and the Polaris 500 I had.

Bought a Kubota RTV 520 because of safety and durability aspects of its VHT (hydrostatic) drive. Less expensive than a Gator but more than many of the other machines.

I'm not sure what safety aspects an RTV 520 has that others don't? Anyway I suppose it'll make a good work buggy around the farm but the problem I have is they are so slow and rough riding. To be fair my Pioneer 520 is pretty rough riding but it's narrow and at least it'll do 39 mph. The Pro MX rides really nice and tops out at a governed 45 mpg. At 30 mph it's just quietly loafing along. With only 17 hp the RTV with it's less efficient hydrostatic drive tops out at only 25 mph on level.

/ 2023 Mule Pro MX EPS? #20  
Those mx's do ride nice. My dad and wife are disabled due to spine injuries and they actually enjoy riding in ours. The coleman....they would walk