2022 Bronco sport review

/ 2022 Bronco sport review #61  
It has the eco post 4 cylinder 2l engine matched with that 8speed tranny. For a 250hp vehical we thought it's mileage was good. We owned a crv, and a element and both used oil after 100000 miles. No more Honda's will be seen here. Lawn mower v engine crapped out as well. Mileage was poor but these vehicles are now dated.
Oil consumption is entirely predicated on how you maintain an engine and to that end, don't extend the change interval over 5K miles or it will eat the camshafts. Well documented fact.

/ 2022 Bronco sport review
Oil consumption is entirely predicated on how you maintain an engine and to that end, don't extend the change interval over 5K miles or it will eat the camshafts. Well documented fact.
Always followed honda recommended intervals and oil. It's well documented and commonly known.

/ 2022 Bronco sport review #64  
question, little off topic but on the subject: agree w/5k interval eng oil changes, done it forever on my older vehicles. question is: given the sump capacity on 4cyl is smaller than 6 or 8 cyl, are recommended changes maybe more frequent on 4?

obviously, oil analysis is way to find out...but just a rhetorical question. after all, i change oil much more frequently on small engines, etc. just for discussion's sake

Last edited:
   / 2022 Bronco sport review #65  
My spouse headed out of town with this auto shortly after we got it. I'm now with her and got to drive it a few times. Gee is it comfortable to drive and ride in and the spousal unit is very happy with it.
Glad you both like it, GO Ford! I have stock :ROFLMAO:

question, little off topic but on the subject: agree w/5k interval eng oil changes, done it forever on my older vehicles. question is: given the sump capacity on 4cyl is smaller than 6 or 8 cyl, are recommended changes maybe more frequent on 4?

obviously, oil analysis is way to find out...but just a rhetorical question. after all, i change oil much more frequently on small engines, etc. just for discussion's sake
We just follow the manufacturers recommendations. Ya l known, kinda of boring.:rolleyes:

/ 2022 Bronco sport review #67  
Glad you both like it, GO Ford! I have stock :ROFLMAO:
So do I. My BIL was one of the head engineers that designed the eco boost engine and the 10 speed slush box... and he told me if I had one to change the oil at least every 5 thousand miles or the cams will fail (and that is well documented as well)

Not gonna buy one anyway. My Ford Focus RS turbo makes almost 300 ponies on the hair dryer. Roller skate rocket ship that gets 40 if I stay off the loud pedal. I've put a 5 liter mustang to shame in the past. Better yet, how about 125 on a freeway on ramp. The clock goes to 150 btw. Never been there but I'm sure it will do it easily. Being 74, I don't need to find out.

We need to get a 2nd key for this thing. We see them on Amazon from 40 to $100. Any of you guys get a new key for a modern Ford before? Seems we need to go to a dealership to get it programed.

/ 2022 Bronco sport review #69  
Used to you could just get a key blank cut at a hardware store and you would be good. I've only ever gotten a couple of keys made since keys started having chips back in the early 2000's. My experience was that you have to take ALL the keys to the dealership and have all of them programed/ re-programmed at the same time. They hook up the computer to your vehicle and use the car to reprogram the keys, or maybe the car learns the keys. They told me any keys that were not programmed at the same time with the new one/s would not work, even if they originally came with the car. It seems like it was $40 or so? But it's been a long time ago now.

/ 2022 Bronco sport review #70  
We need to get a 2nd key for this thing. We see them on Amazon from 40 to $100. Any of you guys get a new key for a modern Ford before? Seems we need to go to a dealership to get it programed.

I've read on the F150 forums that some independent locksmiths can program those keys (they'll need your other key to get the info off it). Those fobs are very expensive from the dealer...and they charge a lot to reprogram them. Also, if you have an aftermarket fob the dealer may refuse to program it. Again, I have no personal experience with this, just what I surmise from reading on line.