2015 3032e

/ 2015 3032e #1  

kenacp

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Dere 770
Going tomorrow to look at a used 2015 JD 3032E for my son to use on his property. I currently have a JD 770, and have been happy with it. It has been reliable and trouble free. My question is; Is the 3032 a good tractor, or is this model prone to having issues? Thoughts????
Thanks

/ 2015 3032e #2  
Best to clarify what "good" means... What are the intended uses of the machine?

That's quite early on for Tier 4 regen system on Deere's 3-series, so one concern to have checked. The FEL is weak relative to Deere's 220R loader on the "R" machines. It'll run a bush hog... won't run hay equipment and weight of the machine is light in relation so ballast will be key. The overall size of the machine is better than some. Really depends on what your son needs to do?

/ 2015 3032e
Saw the tractor today. 466hrs,only a 2speed hydro(was hoping for the 3) 5'box blade MX5 bush hog, pallet forks. Looks like it spent some time in the sun as the seat was all cracked up. No leaks, but tires about 60-70%.Hood had a crack from when it flew off on the hwy during transport. Bucket rattled a bit from some looseness from the quick disconnect, but drove fine.
Use for bush hogging, maintaining a long gravel drive, light garden work. $17K
I have the serial number, can someone post a link, so I can verify the date of mfg?
Will check with the dealer on Monday as the owner claimed they gave it a check up and "is good to go".

Last edited:
   / 2015 3032e #4  
No. And for $17K even with the nice higher end bush hog, oh heck no.

/ 2015 3032e
edawg, do you just dislike the tractor that much, or you think it's just priced too high?

/ 2015 3032e #6  
Today, I think the list prices for all the equipment new would be about 30K. Normal discounts would bring it down to about 25K. I'd say 17K is slightly on the high side, but a lot of that depends on the local market. If it was me, I would look at new equipment, but I tend to do that.

/ 2015 3032e #7  
I looked on Tractor House and it seems these tractors command a price. $17k is actually a decent deal with the cutter and BB.

But I feel (not direct experience) that these are not like the rugged 770's 790's and 55 series. I had a 770 that I gave to my father and that little rig is unstoppable. I don't have the confidence in the 30XXE series that they are of the same reliability.

For less money - I would look for a gently used 790.

/ 2015 3032e
Thanks for the input guys. Got the service reports from the dealership. Had wires repaired when a rat chewed a sensor wire back in 2018. In Aug.2020,all filters, coolant and fluids changed (almost $900).
Does this deal sound better at $15,500 ?

/ 2015 3032e #9  
When they first came out (2008), they were $15,000 with a loader and 6' back blade. With the crazy prices of CUTs these days, $15,500 sounds in the ball park.

/ 2015 3032e #10  
edawg, do you just dislike the tractor that much, or you think it's just priced too high?

6 years isn't all that long for a Deere tractor, but the items you mentioned point to a machine that was not well looked after. The seat is not a problem, but the loader "looseness" and the lack of repair on the hood AND worn tires AND trying to get a relatively $17K high price for such a situation would make me pause. Tires alone are $1200-$1500 depending on what tread and radial vs. bias ply you go with. The dealer may point to a $900 service to recondition the machine, but do they show all the 200 hour services were done during it's life? I doubt it with the condition issues you noted which a good owner would have fixed "while I'm at the shop anyway".

Instead, I'd take time, enjoy the hunt, buy equipment from the original owner and see how it was kept, ensure it's someone who can afford to keep it maintained and out of the weather to protect the tractor's hydraulic seals and rubber/plastic bits that will go first. Not a machine that's been worked and bushhogging 6 years and kept outside. On a lower grade 3032e, care is crucial as it's not a grade of machine like the old days where tractors were built to last a lifetime sitting outside. That 3032e is priced low since it is built to last a decade or so of work (or less from what we're hearing so far). I shopped them, drove them, saw the differences vs. 20xxR, 30xxe machines and the 3R series, but they're of course thousands less. A better yet, a brand new 26hp Kioti CK2610 with nice goodies added is in the 19K range or bump up to a 35hp CK3510 for around 21K and I'd steer your son there for a machine with warranty from a good local dealer who will support him and a heavier stable machine with MUCH better loader to boot... the difference is a pittance in the long run considering warranty,etc. and the useful life is at least 5 years more vs that not so well loved 3032e.