2014 800 Polaris grief

/ 2014 800 Polaris grief #11  
Still could be a bad fuel pump.
I've read about several issues with Polaris fuel pumps with similar symptoms (the pump gets hot and the fuel pressure goes low, doesn't show up till the fuel pump gets hots)

/ 2014 800 Polaris grief #12  
I wouldn't rule out simple cheap things like are battery terminals clean and tight also any grounds what is battery voltage when issue occurs is it charging properly. If you have a spare battery or can borrow a known good one might be worth a try. Critters havn't gotten to any wiring by chance. Also may want to remove and check fuses for looseness or corrosion.

/ 2014 800 Polaris grief
Still could be a bad fuel pump.
I've read about several issues with Polaris fuel pumps with similar symptoms (the pump gets hot and the fuel pressure goes low, doesn't show up till the fuel pump gets hots)
It was tested while cold and hot as the machine was being drive. Pressure was fine both times.

/ 2014 800 Polaris grief
The machine was ran this morning and it worked like a charm. The spark plug wires were replaced.

/ 2014 800 Polaris grief #17  
I have an 08 ranger 800 that does the same thing when it gets hot, i will change spark plug wires and see if that helps.

/ 2014 800 Polaris grief #19  
Don't feel bad. I've spent over $5,000 on my 2017 Polaris Ranger 900XP last year and that was just in parts. I provided all the labor and cursing, lol. Only labor exception is the primary clutch rebuild which included $200 labor because I did not have the tools required to hold the clutch while torquing bolts to 295 ft/lbs. This thing has been a money pit and I blame it on poor Engineering.

By the way, I'm not some 20 year old beating the crap out of the thing. I am 69 and the wife and I use it for trail riding while camping plus I use it to get and move firewood. My cheap old Polaris 500 quad is built much sturdier than this expensive POS.

/ 2014 800 Polaris grief
Well at least we can now sell the darn thing. We ordered a new one (different make) this fall so this will be sold as soon as we know its ship date. 👏