2013 Terex PT110 Forestry

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #1  

ALittleDirtWontHurt

Bronze Member
Tractor
Gyrotrac GT-25, Terex PT110 Forestry, New Holland TC33, Kubota KX080, Terex PT30, Rayco C140, Polaris ATP 500
Took delivery of the new machine today and had a chance to put it in the woods for a few hours. So far a night and day difference (and improvement) over the old PT100. 45 GPM and a hyd. driven cooling fan really makes a difference. Waiting to see if any of the demons from the older PT's will surface, but so far I think it's a solid machine. It seems they really worked out the old bugs.

20130404_120325.jpg

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #3  
I have exact same set up. I have 100 hrs on mine. Only problems so far...1 air conditioning not working while under load....2. Watch your air conditioning bracket that holds the condensor, mine broke pulling condensor torwards radiator, i caught it in time, but bracket is held on by 3 screws that need to be grade 8 and locktighted in due to vibration.... And ohhh ya, the windshield wiper wont last long lol

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #4  
Looks great man

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #5  
I have exact same set up. I have 100 hrs on mine. Only problems so far...1 air conditioning not working while under load....2. Watch your air conditioning bracket that holds the condensor, mine broke pulling condensor torwards radiator, i caught it in time, but bracket is held on by 3 screws that need to be grade 8 and locktighted in due to vibration.... And ohhh ya, the windshield wiper wont last long lol

The A/C bracket breaking is not new and was a big problem on PT100Gs too. I have a buddy who works for a large right of way clearing company near me and they finally had their own brackets made because Terex would not acknowledge that the failures were a problem (They won't consider buying until they've been out for awhile..they were told that Terex only ran one test machine for both dirt work and brush cutting, and then for a very short time before the launch). Hopefully they'll address this. Local dealer has also heard that they've had problems with the fans (may need to replace) and something to do with the motor mounts as well. Might want to contact your local dealer.

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #6  
Well all i can say is terex replaced bracket over night no questions asked. I owned a 4810 so i am aware of the history, and believe me i was hesitant to buy, but the machine does perform, has better balance than the 299 as well as cleanout access. If it is as durable as my takeuchi has been i will be happy. I'm not drinkin the coolaid, but with my cimaf head it does volumes above comparible machines and the low ground pressure is a plus. I demoed a sk140 and while it was a monster it will not outwork the terex by much and the price difference was HUGE....

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #7  
Well all i can say is terex replaced bracket over night no questions asked. I owned a 4810 so i am aware of the history, and believe me i was hesitant to buy, but the machine does perform, has better balance than the 299 as well as cleanout access. If it is as durable as my takeuchi has been i will be happy. I'm not drinkin the coolaid, but with my cimaf head it does volumes above comparible machines and the low ground pressure is a plus. I demoed a sk140 and while it was a monster it will not outwork the terex by much and the price difference was HUGE....

I have no question that hydraulically it will outperform any of the other OEM CTLs right out of the box. You will see from my previous posts on this site that I like the ASV machines; I own a RC50 and it has been extremely good to me.

I am not a big fan of Terex, and I feel they have hampered any kind if innovation that comes out of their ASV factory. I personally don't think Terex is really committed to construction. This is only based on what I see out of my windshield, what I see on forums and what my buddies who sell Terex tell me. They don't test machines adequately (dealer conversation), they have jacked up ASV parts pricing to obscene levels, their new backhoes are average at best, their skid steers are a poor attempt at getting into the market (what was Takeuchi thinking????) and they are essentially out of the mini excavator market based on the prices they are asking for a solid yet very antiquated Schaeff machine.

I hope you have great luck with it.

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry
Ran four hours yesterday and had a small electrical problem that caused the cooling fan to shut off ('fwd fan solenoid fault'), but my dealer took care of it quickly and it's back in action. All in all, I'm impressed with the machine. I'm still getting debris in the engine compartment but Terex designed the belly-pan to drop outwards so it's much easier and faster to routinely clean out.

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #9  
Have they inproved the u/c? Other than the ride, I've never heard a good comment about them.

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry
Have they inproved the u/c? Other than the ride, I've never heard a good comment about them.

I always liked the undercarriage style. Never had a problem with it out in the woods. Replacement is expensive, but I just factor that into my pricing. The new design is totally open, which is better to keep clean of debris. In addition the inner rollers articulate. Rubber bushings allow the movement, but I'm not sure yet how much life to expect out of that design before replacement. Supposedly, they say this extends the life of the overall undercarriage. The older rail style they had before were much harder to clean out plus if you traveled over something hard or uneven it would put more weight of the machine in that one area. I believe the RC's had a thinner rail (which was prone to breakage), and the PT thickened the rail. Another thing that was done on the new was to totally enclose the area where the drive hoses met the machine chassis as to eliminate debris entering through the bottom.