2013 LTX1050KW Mower Deck Throwing Spindle Assemblies

/ 2013 LTX1050KW Mower Deck Throwing Spindle Assemblies #1  

KountryKevin

Tractor
Cub Cadet LTX 1050 KW
Greetings, last week my 50" mower deck threw a spindle assembly. So, I ordered a new one and installed it, along with a new belt and blades. Then this week, the deck threw another spindle assembly! So, the question is, are these spindle assemblies simply at the end of their useful lives (~8 years), or is this indicative of a larger problem? Thanks.

/ 2013 LTX1050KW Mower Deck Throwing Spindle Assemblies #2  
It could be
If you've never serviced the bearings sounds about right.
Fyi.You can change all those bearings for less than $20.

/ 2013 LTX1050KW Mower Deck Throwing Spindle Assemblies
Thanks for the tip. I assume you are referring to part 65 in the diagram below?

1625504647333.png

1625504754252.png

/ 2013 LTX1050KW Mower Deck Throwing Spindle Assemblies #4  
Throwing?

/ 2013 LTX1050KW Mower Deck Throwing Spindle Assemblies #5  
I don't see a grease fitting in your parts list so you were lucky to get 8-years out of the factory spindles.

I would get (size)-2RS bearings, remove the plastic covers that face the inside, drill and tap the spindle housing for a grease fitting. Fill with grease before installing and give the spindles a squirt before each season. They will probably out last you.

Lube gently or you could blow the outer seals loose/off. You just want the grease to ooze out.

/ 2013 LTX1050KW Mower Deck Throwing Spindle Assemblies
I don't see a grease fitting in your parts list so you were lucky to get 8-years out of the factory spindles.

I would get (size)-2RS bearings, remove the plastic covers that face the inside, drill and tap the spindle housing for a grease fitting. Fill with grease before installing and give the spindles a squirt before each season. They will probably out last you.

Lube gently or you could blow the outer seals loose/off. You just want the grease to ooze out.
There is definitely not a grease fitting for lubrication. I just checked the Operator's Manual and there is no mention of lubing the spindles.

/ 2013 LTX1050KW Mower Deck Throwing Spindle Assemblies #8  
You don't grease the spindles.
You grease the bearings.
Just like in the good old days. Take it apart and pop out the grease seals and grease the bearings. Put it all back together.
Things are only disposable if you use them up and throw them away.