2006 JD Gator 4X2 LX

/ 2006 JD Gator 4X2 LX #1  

AB4D

Silver Member
Tractor
Prior: Kubota BX-23, Kubota L3430HSTC, Kubota ZG23, L3560 HSTC Limited Edition, Current: L6060 HSTC
Hi Y'all. Quick question, does anyone know for certain, whether a 2006 Gator LX would have a positive ground system. We picked up a Gator, and noticed some peculiar things, the bed and winch controls run backwards. The battery is low. I was going to put it on charge, and noticed the red wires are on the battery negative and the black wires are on the positive terminal. The Gator starts and runs. The battery looks recent, but I suspect the battery has been installed backwards, based on the reverse operation of the bed and winch controls.

Thoughts?

/ 2006 JD Gator 4X2 LX #2  
I am going to say no to positive ground. But I wonder why it starts if the starter motor is wired backwards?

/ 2006 JD Gator 4X2 LX
Sorry I didn't respond back sooner. In case anyone was interested. Someone bought the wrong battery with the poles reversed, made everything run backwards, except the engine and gator ran and drove fine. No damage whatsoeverr.

/ 2006 JD Gator 4X2 LX #5  
I know, old thread. What's amazing is that you didn't blow up your voltage regulator or stator. That stator puts out a minimum of 34 volts AC (increases with engine speed) into the rectifier/voltage regulator, and it doesn't like to be back fed with the wrong polarity. I know starters, lights, and relays aren't polarity sensitive, but geez, man!